Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Wrench (push-pin icon) is not being displayed on a file in Project Explorer
Wrench (push-pin icon) is not being displayed on a file in Project Explorer [message #1085590] Tue, 13 August 2013 05:19 Go to next message
Ashish Rawat is currently offline Ashish RawatFriend
In Eclipse Juno, when I modify the file settings other than include and define symbols, the wrench icon is not getting displayed. How to check where the issue is? Also need to know if it is the limitation in Eclipse Juno or is it some kind of modifications done by Eclipse community for Juno?

I have searched many forums and FAQs, but there is not much information on wrench implementation.
Re: Wrench (push-pin icon) is not being displayed on a file in Project Explorer [message #1091850 is a reply to message #1085590] Thu, 22 August 2013 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashish Rawat is currently offline Ashish RawatFriend
As per the analysis, I have noticed that this issue has been introduced from CDT version 8.1.0, and I think it is because of some major changes related to Scanner Discovery in Language Settings Provider, please refer to following link:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn81#Scanner_Discovery

The issue is, when we modify some file specific settings, the wrench gets displayed on that file in Project Explorer. This was working till CDT version 8.0.2, and from version 8.1.0, this functionality is broken.

Is it expected to be fixed in CDT version 8.2.x?
Re: Wrench (push-pin icon) is not being displayed on a file in Project Explorer [message #1092147 is a reply to message #1091850] Thu, 22 August 2013 11:43 Go to previous message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
If you found something that got broken, please submit a bug in bugzilla with a reproducible steps. Also, it may just work properly. One common pitfall related to wrench is mixing active and indexer configuration. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=313944.

Thanks,
Andrew
Previous Topic:thank u sa
Next Topic:How to check if the project is completely created or imported?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:48:32 GMT 2024