Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » changing .uml model file do not change .di model file
changing .uml model file do not change .di model file [message #1084409] Sun, 11 August 2013 13:44 Go to next message
Amin Rezaee is currently offline Amin RezaeeFriend

Hello All,

I am working on updating UML statemachine model using Epsilon EWl. In my work I manipulate UML statemachine model that was created bye papyrus. I manipulate .uml model file and delet some element and add another one. When my .uml model file has been changed, I can not see this change in graphical representation of model (.di model file). How I can solve this problem?

Best Regards,
Amin
Re: changing .uml model file do not change .di model file [message #1084873 is a reply to message #1084409] Mon, 12 August 2013 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Schwichtenberg is currently offline Simon SchwichtenbergFriend
At first, remember that the diagram is just a view of your model. This means that the diagram does not need to contain all the elements of your model (but of course it should never contain deleted elements). A view allows you to visualize only certain aspects of your model.

You need to regenerate the diagrams with the diagram generation plugins of Papyrus. They are not installed by default. Go to Help > Install Papyrus Additional Components.
Re: changing .uml model file do not change .di model file [message #1088108 is a reply to message #1084873] Fri, 16 August 2013 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amin Rezaee is currently offline Amin RezaeeFriend

Dear Goood Guy,

Thank you for your reply...

Best Regards,
Amin
Re: changing .uml model file do not change .di model file [message #1747288 is a reply to message #1084873] Fri, 11 November 2016 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
taghreed altamimi is currently offline taghreed altamimiFriend
Hi,
I have the same problem with viewing .di model file
can you please tell me how did you fix the problem?
i downloaded diagram generation but nothing changed .

Thanks,

Taghreed
Re: changing .uml model file do not change .di model file [message #1747324 is a reply to message #1747288] Sat, 12 November 2016 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
A diagram can be marked as synchronized [Appearance->Sync with model]. This means that the diagram contents will be automatically adapted to the model contents.
Re: changing .uml model file do not change .di model file [message #1747369 is a reply to message #1747324] Mon, 14 November 2016 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ansgar,
I attached two screenshots first one is what i did to synchronize model with diagram and the other for the result of synchronizing.Can you please clarify more for what i have to do to keep the model synchronize with the diagram.
I do really appreciate your help

Taghreed.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 November 2016 02:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: changing .uml model file do not change .di model file [message #1747495 is a reply to message #1747369] Tue, 15 November 2016 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
It seems that both screen-shots are identical (at least I could not tell the difference). So, please update. A .png is generally preferable compared to a word document.

I understand that some code you have modifies UML elements (seems to be activities). So what does not work? Elements that have been added on the model level do not automatically appear? Please clarify
Re: changing .uml model file do not change .di model file [message #1747522 is a reply to message #1747495] Tue, 15 November 2016 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for confusing,
I used EOL to change the deployment diagram and i added device5,then i synchronized the diagram to model then i got in the diagram the whole elements before change in the model plus the new one (device5)but also activity1 and activity2 appeared in the deployment diagram even they are not new elements and not related to the deployment diagram . i tried also to synchronize the activity diagram with the model i got all elements (the one that was there before change and the new one) of the activity diagram scattered beside the diagram itself as in the attached picture.
Is there a way to synchronize the diagram with the model? and if so how can do that without mixing up the whole elements together
Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 15 November 2016 16:17]

Re: changing .uml model file do not change .di model file [message #1747535 is a reply to message #1747522] Tue, 15 November 2016 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xavier ZeitounFriend
Hi Taghreed,

when you synchronize a diagram with the model, it means that all sub elements of the "root of the diagram" will be displayed in the diagram.
If you want to synchronize only part of the diagram, you can use the following procedure :

1/ select the element you want to synchronize with model
2/ set the the "Sync with model" radio button to true from "Appearance" tab of the property view.

Xavier

Re: changing .uml model file do not change .di model file [message #1747625 is a reply to message #1747535] Wed, 16 November 2016 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Thanks for your prompt reply i followed the procedure to synchronize part of the activity diagram with the model after i added new activity partition but i got the whole elements are scattered beside the diagram ,it seems that its user responsibility to gather them again to get the new diagram am i right??

I tried to set the radio button to false ,nothing changed or the diagram did not go back to its previous state.I don't know why??

Thanks,
Taghreed

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2016 15:26]

Re: changing .uml model file do not change .di model file [message #1747882 is a reply to message #1747625] Wed, 16 November 2016 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xavier ZeitounFriend
Hi,

It is indeed the user responsibility to define the layout of the diagram for many diagram elements. The reason is that the layout algorithm is not obvious in many case.

When you set sync to true, then child elements on the semantic model (that you can for example create or delete from the model explorer & property view) will be added to the diagram.
When you set sync to false, these child elements will not be added to the diagram. You cannot undo the sync by setting it to false but you can by classic undo (ctrl+z).

Best,
Xavier
Re: changing .uml model file do not change .di model file [message #1747884 is a reply to message #1747625] Wed, 16 November 2016 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xavier ZeitounFriend
Hi,

It is indeed the user responsibility to define the layout of the diagram for many diagram elements. The reason is that the layout algorithm is not obvious in many case.

When you set sync to true, then child elements on the semantic model (that you can for example create or delete from the model explorer & property view) will be added to the diagram.
When you set sync to false, these child elements will not be added to the diagram. You cannot undo the sync by setting it to false but you can by classic undo (ctrl+z).

Best,
Xavier
Re: changing .uml model file do not change .di model file [message #1748124 is a reply to message #1747884] Fri, 18 November 2016 16:53 Go to previous message
Thanks very much.
Previous Topic:Expressions and MOKA
Next Topic:ValuePin and ActionInputPin in Moka
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:57:49 GMT 2024