Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Simicolon (Key Combination)
Simicolon (Key Combination) [message #1083314] Fri, 09 August 2013 19:57 Go to next message
Heinz Christoph Dau-Schmidt is currently offline Heinz Christoph Dau-SchmidtFriend
Hi,
can you tell me the key combination (modifier key / base key) to create simicolon?

, with shift or ; not working

Thank you,
Heinz Christoph Dau-Schmidt
Re: Simicolon (Key Combination) [message #1086393 is a reply to message #1083314] Wed, 14 August 2013 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do (enter it in a test as a string, enter it as part of a key combination, check it in your GUI), and on what operating system, platform, for what type of AUT etc?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Simicolon (Key Combination) [message #1086491 is a reply to message #1083314] Wed, 14 August 2013 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heinz Christoph Dau-Schmidt is currently offline Heinz Christoph Dau-SchmidtFriend
Yes, sure.
I want to enter ";" in a text field of my Eclipse (RCP) Application.
I'ts a "workaround" to work with key combinations, because Jubula can't
unfortunately recognize this text field (in observation/object mapping).

My testcase works, if i copy ";" to clipboard and use STRG + V key kombination...
Re: Simicolon (Key Combination) [message #1094959 is a reply to message #1086491] Mon, 26 August 2013 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'ts difficult to copy ";" in the clipboard on the execution server (i.e. by reason of server restart).
Is there a better solution without using this workaround?

Maybe this issue occurs only on Windows...
Re: Simicolon (Key Combination) [message #1097777 is a reply to message #1094959] Fri, 30 August 2013 06:38 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

If I understand correctly, you're dealing with a native dialog - one that can't be object mapped. In that case, it's true that you can only enter a subset of characters via "external input", and that copy to clipboard is usually the most comfortable way of dealing with texts for native dialogs. I don't know what other ways there could be I'm afraid.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:problem installing guidancer on an old indigo eclipse
Next Topic:Problems getting the sample extension installed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:10:43 GMT 2024