Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Change in anyType field results into two differences found by comparison
Change in anyType field results into two differences found by comparison [message #1082972] Fri, 09 August 2013 09:27 Go to next message
John M. is currently offline John M.Friend
Hello,

I have a small generated ecore model (source is a xsd file) and want to compare two files. For testing proposal I changed the value of processName in the xml file:
<pd:activity name="ctx_load">
	<pd:x>280</pd:x>
	<pd:y>141</pd:y>
	<config>
		<processName>/SERVICES2/Ctx/ctx_load.process</processName>
	</config>
	<pd:inputBindings>

I have already replaced the config EReference on type EObject with an own EClass having an attribute any.
I found in the EMF Compare FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMF_Compare_FAQ#Custom_data_types_are_always_marked_as_modified_by_EMF_Compare, but I can't solve my problem with it.
I think to replace the matcher isn't the right way. A custom DiffEngine gets already two matches, in my opinion it is incorrect.

I checked the EqualityHelper and it recognizes and matches the change.

Could it be possible that the comparer can't handle anytype correctly?
I has reviewed both differences and noticed the states DELETE (for the new value) and ADD (for the old value).

Thanks for any hints.
  • Attachment: ECore.png
    (Size: 9.83KB, Downloaded 204 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 09 August 2013 09:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Change in anyType field results into two differences found by comparison [message #1094550 is a reply to message #1082972] Sun, 25 August 2013 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John M. is currently offline John M.Friend
Has nobody any hint/idea for me?
Re: Change in anyType field results into two differences found by comparison [message #1102013 is a reply to message #1094550] Thu, 05 September 2013 08:27 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
John,

What would be your question here? You have two models with different values for one attribute (processName) but see no difference when comparing with EMF Compare, or you have two models with the same value for an attribute but see it detected as a delete/add by EMF Compare? In other words, what do you have, and what did you expect to get?

As a side note, EMF Compare 2 has known issues with feature maps handling, so you might have stumbled upon one of those.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:How to get DOM Node to EMF Object?
Next Topic:EMF Compare 2.1: Extension Point org.eclipse.emf.compare.ui.team.handler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:38:45 GMT 2024