Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Is it possible to have tabs on top and on bottom to switch views?
Is it possible to have tabs on top and on bottom to switch views? [message #1082669] Thu, 08 August 2013 22:31 Go to next message
Paul G is currently offline Paul GFriend
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody might know if this is possible to do in my eclipse RCP project. I currently have an IFolderLayout in the perspective factory specifying three views (View1, View2, and View3). This way I can toggle between all three views using the three tabs at the top. So now that I have a better idea of what i need my project to do, I need to modify this. I want to move those same three tabs to the bottom of the view. I don't think i can do this via the plugin_customization file, because as far as I know that is for all my views and I only need it on these.

At the same time, I would like to have tabs on the top, which will be new and different instances of View1.

Is this possible to make? Can there be both tabs on the top and on the bottom? Would it no longer be an IFolderLayout element? Can it work for views?

Just to clarify, these are all views (not editors).
For a better picture, imagine the Manifest editor, with the tabs on the bottom. Or when you open up an XML file in eclipse, and in the bottom you have tabs that say Design and Source.

Thanks!
Re: Is it possible to have tabs on top and on bottom to switch views? [message #1088097 is a reply to message #1082669] Fri, 16 August 2013 15:17 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Paul,

It is possible to have the view tabs in the bottom but not both.

To have both, you need to define a TabFolder widget like is done in the manifest editor (well technically it is a multipage editor but it implements the tabfolder).

Cheers,

Wim
Previous Topic:Is it possible to name two classes in a command handler?
Next Topic:Lazy Text Decoration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:23:58 GMT 2024