Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Possible to change SFTP to use single connection?
Possible to change SFTP to use single connection? [message #1081649] Wed, 07 August 2013 13:59 Go to next message
Greg Smith is currently offline Greg SmithFriend

In the latest Eclipse with RSE, I have a problem because of what appears to be a new behavior:

We use 2 phase authentication on our servers: when we login, I get an SMS which I then have to answer to be authenticated. I respond, and the original auth is allowed through.

The problem is the latest versions seem to be attempting to create new connections to parallelize file operations. This would be great for speeding up normal connections, but for me I end up getting a barrage of text messages, each of which I need to answer quickly in order for my operations not to fail.

Is there any way I can setup the RSE plugins so that it will force the use of only the single existing connection?

Thanks,
Greg
Re: Possible to change SFTP to use single connection? [message #1081864 is a reply to message #1081649] Wed, 07 August 2013 19:51 Go to previous message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
TM / RSE has always used a single Session (==Connection) and multiple channels inside that session. I'm not aware of any change in that respect in the last years.

The last relevant change that was made was back in 2011:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=256581
where we allowed RSE to re-use existing channels for file transfers, thus _reducing_ the number of channels in use.

But to my knowledge, the RSE ConnectorService has always guaranteed a single session per connection so you'd always have to login only once.

You could use the code from feature mentioned above to restrict RSE to use a single channel only; this has come up in the context of very basic SSH servers like dropbear which support only a single channel. But I'm not sure that this is your problem. You may want to debug the issue to understand what's really going wrong for you.
Previous Topic:Configure subdiretories for acessing Mainframe FTP from Eclipse
Next Topic:Juno RSE Team support: activating/deactivating groups broken?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:26:35 GMT 2024