Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Display additional information only in Editor
Display additional information only in Editor [message #1081638] Wed, 07 August 2013 13:43 Go to next message
Marcel Michel is currently offline Marcel MichelFriend
Hi there,

from my point of view this should be a very basic question, but I could not find any satisfying answer by myself. So, I hope you help me out Smile

I'm going to develop an analysis plugin, which should display additional information in an existing Graphiti-Editor. Therefore it would be great, if these information are just displayed and not stored in the underlying EMF-Model. If I want to edit for example a PictogramElement, I'll get following Exception: "Cannot modify resource set without a write transaction". Is it possible to modify a graphical element without changing the underlying emf model?

It would be great, if you provide some sample code.

Thanks,
Marcel
Re: Display additional information only in Editor [message #1084979 is a reply to message #1081638] Mon, 12 August 2013 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Albert Hofkamp is currently offline Albert HofkampFriend
Not sure about this, but my guess is, it's not. Graphiti uses the graphical elements to decide what to display and what happens when you click at some place. These elements are in the EMF model with all the links, etc.

Perhaps an alternative is to have a new EMF model, or (more complicated) have a layered model in some way?
Several posts here are about having a custom file format, you could perhaps consider your problem to be such a case as well.

Re: Display additional information only in Editor [message #1085020 is a reply to message #1081638] Mon, 12 August 2013 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Graf is currently offline Andreas GrafFriend
Did you have a look at decorators?
Re: Display additional information only in Editor [message #1087162 is a reply to message #1081638] Thu, 15 August 2013 08:07 Go to previous message
Marcel Michel is currently offline Marcel MichelFriend
Thanks for your replies.

> Did you have a look at decorators?

Great Tip. The TextDecorator seems to fulfill my requests.

Cheers,
Marcel
Previous Topic:Making parent features available for the child
Next Topic:CustomContext in negative coordinate space
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:55:10 GMT 2024