Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » why transform doesn't do any things!
why transform doesn't do any things! [message #1079576] Sun, 04 August 2013 20:31 Go to next message
Mahsa P is currently offline Mahsa PFriend
I want to generate .gmfgen by GMF. in GMF dashboard after generating of .gmfmap model click on transform but without showing error or warning, don't happen thing! I'm used even from right clicking on .gmfmap model and selecting of "create generator model" , but this mean is not useful and i cant create .gmfgen model!
do you can help me?!

[Updated on: Sun, 04 August 2013 20:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: why transform doesn't do any things! [message #1088907 is a reply to message #1079576] Sat, 17 August 2013 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this problem contains errors but must see it's errors in error log!
for adding error log to workspace, select windows>show view> error log!

after adding of error log, i get "Unhandled event loop exception" error! and for solving this error, i removed eclipse and installed it again!

note: i get error about not finding of workbench when i run my prj! for solving this, i moved all prj to folder with name of workspace in folder of my eclipse and switched workspace to this new workspace.(in other word created local workspace)

I reported these and hope if would be useful:)

[Updated on: Sat, 17 August 2013 22:07]

Re: why transform doesn't do any things! [message #1095008 is a reply to message #1088907] Mon, 26 August 2013 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

to find out what the problem is it helps to validate the gmfmap, gmfgraph, and tooling models. Right-click the root of these models and select validate. Is there any error displayed?

Ralph

Re: why transform doesn't do any things! [message #1096497 is a reply to message #1095008] Wed, 28 August 2013 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig wrote on Mon, 26 August 2013 10:04
Hi,

to find out what the problem is it helps to validate the gmfmap, gmfgraph, and tooling models. Right-click the root of these models and select validate. Is there any error displayed?

Ralph

Thanks Ralph but now i get "application error" when run my GMF as eclipse application. this error is pasted in below. do you know about it?
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.help.base.infocenterApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.helpApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.indexTool, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:248)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
Re: why transform doesn't do any things! [message #1097119 is a reply to message #1096497] Thu, 29 August 2013 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

are you running it as an Eclipse Product?!

Ralph
Re: why transform doesn't do any things! [message #1098244 is a reply to message #1097119] Fri, 30 August 2013 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig wrote on Thu, 29 August 2013 04:58
Hi,

are you running it as an Eclipse Product?!

Ralph

No, i run it as eclipse application. i go to run configuration and i add .diagram, .editor and required plug-ins in 'plug-ins>plug-ins selected below only' tab and then click on run! but for some my project i get that error!
Re: why transform doesn't do any things! [message #1106546 is a reply to message #1098244] Wed, 11 September 2013 08:36 Go to previous message
Hi,

there is somewhere a checkbox which you can check to validate the plugin selection on startup. Maybe you are just missing a plugin dependency that is not automatically added.

Ralph

[Updated on: Wed, 11 September 2013 08:36]

Previous Topic:Adding label to ScalableImageFigure
Next Topic:Drag and drop from Palette into a compartment issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:50:08 GMT 2024