Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [EOL] polishing genmodel
[EOL] polishing genmodel [message #1079484] Sun, 04 August 2013 17:18 Go to next message
Phil H is currently offline Phil HFriend
Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to alter all options in the emf genmodel by defining commands in the fixgenmodel.eol. I know that I can change the Decoration property by using

GenModel!GenModel.all.first().decoration = GenModel!GenDecoration#Live;

Now I want to change the Edit Color Providers property to true, but couldn't find a way to do this. I used EMF EPackage Registry View to find the right command, but it seems to me that there are not all properties contained.
Any idea?

Cheers,
Phil
Re: [EOL] polishing genmodel [message #1079500 is a reply to message #1079484] Sun, 04 August 2013 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Sorry, but I can't find the GenDecoration type in the EMF GenModel metamodel (URL "http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/GenModel"). I can't find the "decoration" attribute in the GenModel type either.

Are you sure you're looking at the EMF GenModel metamodel? Do you have a manually modified example from which we can derive the .eol script required to automate the polishing transformation?

Re: [EOL] polishing genmodel [message #1079518 is a reply to message #1079500] Sun, 04 August 2013 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I mean this (in case we don't mean the same thing):

index.php/fa/15831/0/

It's the genmodel which is generated by Eugenia out of my emf file.
The codeline for the decoration property I posted before definitely works for me. I use this in my own editor - if you need it, I can share it with you.

Cheers,
Phil
  • Attachment: genmodel.JPG
    (Size: 53.92KB, Downloaded 348 times)
Re: [EOL] polishing genmodel [message #1080193 is a reply to message #1079518] Mon, 05 August 2013 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Looking at the GenModel EPackage in the EPackage registry, this should work:

GenModel!GenModel.all.first.colorProviders = true;

I've tried this on a simple metamodel and it worked for me. I have attached an example project.
Re: [EOL] polishing genmodel [message #1080239 is a reply to message #1080193] Mon, 05 August 2013 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thx Antonio,

that works. I'm wondering how I can get the attribute names from the EPackage registry? With the following view I can't see e. g. the color attribute:

index.php/fa/15845/0/

Cheers,
Phil
Re: [EOL] polishing genmodel [message #1080284 is a reply to message #1080239] Mon, 05 August 2013 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

That's odd: the EPackage Registry view should have a bottom half listing the available attributes. I've attached a screenshot showing this.

Re: [EOL] polishing genmodel [message #1080979 is a reply to message #1080284] Tue, 06 August 2013 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, that's indeed odd. Your EpackageRegistry looks different then mine and I have no bottom half listing for my genmodel, but when I click on GenDecoration e.g. as shown in my screenshots. Which plugin provides the EPackage Registry View?

Cheers,
Phil
Re: [EOL] polishing genmodel [message #1081477 is a reply to message #1080979] Wed, 07 August 2013 09:24 Go to previous message

The different look and feel may be just because I run Eclipse from Linux, which uses a different theme than in Windows.

Have you tried selecting the GenModel EClass? Not the EPackage, but the class itself, which is a bit down from the GenDecoration you selected in your second screenshot.

According to the Plug-in Selection Explorer (click on the EPackage Registry view and press Shift+Alt+F1), the view is provided by the org.eclipse.epsilon.dt.epackageregistryexplorer plugin.
Previous Topic:Run the tree2Graph example
Next Topic:petrinet model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:28:30 GMT 2024