Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » EMFTVM - p2 repository
EMFTVM - p2 repository [message #1078691] Sat, 03 August 2013 11:29 Go to next message
Michal Kleczek is currently offline Michal KleczekFriend
Hi,
We are using Tycho to build our Eclipse feature. One of the dependencies is EMFTVM. Unfortunatelly Tycho does not handle old-style Eclipse update sites and EMFTVM does not publish p2 repository.
What approach would you suggest as a workaround?

Thanks,
Michal
Re: EMFTVM - p2 repository [message #1079450 is a reply to message #1078691] Sun, 04 August 2013 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

I suppose you can try the Hudson integration build update site:

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/m2m-atl-master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/releng/org.eclipse.m2m.atl.update/target/repository/

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: EMFTVM - p2 repository [message #1079453 is a reply to message #1079450] Sun, 04 August 2013 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

As another way to go: does http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Reference_Card#Update_Site work?

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: EMFTVM - p2 repository [message #1092957 is a reply to message #1079450] Fri, 23 August 2013 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar wrote on Sun, 04 August 2013 12:07

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/m2m-atl-master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/releng/org.eclipse.m2m.atl.update/target/repository/

But I am confused with feature names. This repo contains org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm feature. So if I add this dependency and this repo my build works OK. But this feature is not available from Eclipse update sites. "be.ac.vub.emftvm.feature.feature.group" is available instead - so installation of my (dependent) feature fails with unresolved dependency.

Thanks,
Michal
Re: EMFTVM - p2 repository [message #1092958 is a reply to message #1079450] Fri, 23 August 2013 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

But I am confused with feature names. This repo contains org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm feature. So if I add this dependency and this repo my build works OK. But this feature is not available from Eclipse update sites. "be.ac.vub.emftvm.feature.feature.group" is available instead - so installation of my (dependent) feature fails with unresolved dependency.

Thanks,
Michal
Re: EMFTVM - p2 repository [message #1092959 is a reply to message #1079450] Fri, 23 August 2013 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks,
Michal
Re: EMFTVM - p2 repository [message #1092960 is a reply to message #1079453] Fri, 23 August 2013 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks,
Michal
Re: EMFTVM - p2 repository [message #1092961 is a reply to message #1079453] Fri, 23 August 2013 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/m2m-atl-master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/releng/org.eclipse.m2m.atl.update/target/repository

Thanks,
Michal
Re: EMFTVM - p2 repository [message #1092962 is a reply to message #1079453] Fri, 23 August 2013 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/m2m-atl-master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/releng/org.eclipse.m2m.atl.update/target/repository

Thanks,
Michal
Re: EMFTVM - p2 repository [message #1093118 is a reply to message #1092962] Fri, 23 August 2013 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for multiple posts but the forum didn't show my message and I didn't know if it was actually sent.

Thanks,
Michal
Re: EMFTVM - p2 repository [message #1093131 is a reply to message #1093118] Fri, 23 August 2013 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

No problem. It's an irritating bug in the newsgroup/forum synchronization.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 23/08/2013 16:53, Michal Kleczek wrote:
> Sorry for multiple posts but the forum didn't show my message and I
> didn't know if it was actually sent.
>
> Thanks,
> Michal
Re: EMFTVM - p2 repository [message #1094842 is a reply to message #1092957] Mon, 26 August 2013 09:09 Go to previous message

Michal Kleczek wrote on Fri, 23 August 2013 07:22

Thanks,
Michal

Dependencies work at plug-in level, not feature level. The plug-in IDs should be the same. If the different feature ID is causing problems, you should know that the "org.eclipse.*" feature IDs are the official ones. The "be.ac.vub.emftvm.feature.feature.group" will be discontinued in the future, as I'm no longer working at the VUB.

The official release update site is:
http://download.eclipse.org/mmt/atl/updates/releases/3.4/

The integration build update site (with latest bugfixes) is the one listed at the top.

Your feature can list "see also" update site URLs. Perhaps you can use this to point Eclipse to the ATL/EMFTVM update site?

Cheers,
Dennis
Previous Topic:Error when using getValue(stereotype, String) wrong number of parameters
Next Topic:Not a valid classifier
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:15:07 GMT 2024