Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Cross tab hyperlink parameters(Need to pass parameters not in the datacube.)
Cross tab hyperlink parameters [message #1078416] Sat, 03 August 2013 01:17 Go to next message
Dave Oatway is currently offline Dave OatwayFriend
I have a cross tab that summarizes multiple facilities across several areas. The measure is a status number. The cross tab works great with the highlighting of problem facilities and areas.

I want to use a drill through to another report to show the details of cells. How can I get the value of the facility and area to use a parameters in the drilldown? I only see the "Crosstab" values and the datacube. The values I need are in the dataset from which the datacube is generated.

I am using 3.7.2.

Thanks,
Re: Cross tab hyperlink parameters [message #1078527 is a reply to message #1078416] Sat, 03 August 2013 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

If I'm understanding correctly, you should be able to add facility and area as attributes to your crosstab dimension in your dataCube. To do this, open your dataCube and double click on a dimension field. You should see an area where you can add "attributes". You can then use these attributes in expressions. Hope this helps. Let me know if I'm not understanding correctly.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Cross tab hyperlink parameters [message #1078921 is a reply to message #1078527] Sat, 03 August 2013 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Michael.

I could not find an area to add "attributes" to the data cube, but I solved my problem by being less elegant. I am able to add dimensions, but they do not appear in the Crosstab values list in the expression builder.
The values I wanted were the INT ids of the string values displayed in the cross tab Dimensions. I added the string values to the dataset for the target drill through report and pass them instead of the INT ids I usually use. Takes a bit longer, but it works.

Is there a tutorial or help associated with data cubes? I am curious about how the Link Groups component works.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Re: Cross tab hyperlink parameters [message #1078977 is a reply to message #1078416] Sat, 03 August 2013 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Take a look at the attached image on how to add an attribute to a dimension field.

This devShare post from BIRT Exchange also shows an attribute being used.

BIRT Exchange DevShare - Sorting a Crosstab by a Field not in the Crosstab

Hope this helps.

Michael

Re: Cross tab hyperlink parameters [message #1078988 is a reply to message #1078977] Sat, 03 August 2013 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry, I forgot to respond about the linked groups. A way that can be used would be, say you have a dataSet used for the dataCube with the payments table from the classic models db. You want to use the customername that you have in another dataSet where you bring in the customernumber and the customername. Rather than joining the dataSets, you could drag the customername from the second dataSet to be used as a dimension in your cube. Then in the link groups area, you'd like the two customernumber fields so BIRT can map the correct value.

Hope this helps.

Michael

Re: Cross tab hyperlink parameters [message #1079048 is a reply to message #1078988] Sun, 04 August 2013 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That works great!

Now that I know what to look for, as usual, it is easy! I kept coming up with a dialog to edit the Group Name, not the Group Level.

Also thanks for the information on linking.

I'll be using crosstabs much more now that I can access the flexibility BIRT has. It is a very capable tool?

Cheers,

Dave
Re: Cross tab hyperlink parameters [message #1079051 is a reply to message #1079048] Sun, 04 August 2013 01:02 Go to previous message

Great! Glad to help! Let us know whenever you have questions! Smile

Michael

Previous Topic:Unknown file type error while we export the report in excel , ppt or doc
Next Topic:Barcodes ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:40:25 GMT 2024