Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Testing the close application without save
Testing the close application without save [message #1077973] Fri, 02 August 2013 11:29 Go to next message
Elise Ruelle is currently offline Elise RuelleFriend
Hi,

I have an RCP application and I would like to test the close or restart of my application. However, sometimes I will restart my application with some unsaved modifications in this case I have a popup menu to save (or not) my modifications.

So, I have different problems:
1/ When I use the action "ub_app_restart" my popup menu doesn't appear.

2/I've try to use "up_app_prepareForAUTTermination" and "ub_app_SynchronizeAUTTerminationAndRe-start" in this order :
Option Menu File/Restart =>Prepare to termination =>Validate the save =>Synchronize
But my test fail at the second step (ub_app_prepareForAUTTermination) with an "Action Error" and the description "Operation not supported by the selected toolkit". My problem sounds like this thread : http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/494830/
I don't understand why I have this error ?
3/ I've also try to select the entry 'restart' in the menu bar and check if the save window exist, if not I click on 'yes' or 'no' button and retry the check but my test is always in execution and never stop...

Have you any idea to help me to test the restart of my application ?

Thanks for any help

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Testing the close application without save [message #1080732 is a reply to message #1077973] Tue, 06 August 2013 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

In the pdf documentation, it is remarked that the Eclipse "restart" option is not supported with this action. The documentation point didn't make it into the Kepler docu, because the action had the status "experimental" for the Jubula feature.

Basically, you can use e.g. file-exit, but not restart.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: Testing the close application without save [message #1080814 is a reply to message #1080732] Tue, 06 August 2013 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elise Ruelle is currently offline Elise RuelleFriend
Hi,

Ok, thank you for your explanation about the restart option. But I've also tried with the "File/Exit" and I have the same result.

I have also tried the option "File/Restart" (and "File/Exit") without the two new actions and my test failed too when I tried to check if my popup message exist or not.

So, my question is how can I close/start or restart my application and have no error in my test ?

Thanks for your help

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Testing the close application without save [message #1086387 is a reply to message #1080814] Wed, 14 August 2013 06:45 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

The documentation says that the order must be:

- prepareForAUTTermination some point before the termination
- then a termination that will run through the JVM shutdown (in your case, File-Exit)
- since you have a dialog that appears -> you'll then click the OK button
- the OK button click is the action that actually causes the application to exit
- directly following this action, use the SynchronizeAUTTerminationAndRe-start

More information is in the PDF documentation (as I said, it's not in the Kepler docu yet).

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Connecting two Figures on a Canvas
Next Topic:Trying to setup a simple html test
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:42:44 GMT 2024