Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT 4.3 - Nested Tables xlsx Error (Getting "Unrecoverable Content" in xlsx and then windows recover it)
BIRT 4.3 - Nested Tables xlsx Error [message #1077691] Fri, 02 August 2013 02:48 Go to next message
Eclipse Beginner is currently offline Eclipse BeginnerFriend
Hi,
am running a nested table report in version 4.3 and using several output formats. In one of the formats - xlsx; upon opening, I am getting "Excel has found unrecoverable content in report". And then on recovery it shows :

Removed Records: Merge cells from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part

this is what Microsoft xlsx error logs contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<recoveryLog xmlns="<openxmlformat URL>/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error056280_01.xml</logFileName><summary>Errors were detected in file 'reportMultiPat.xlsx'</summary><removedRecords summary="Following is a list of removed records:"><removedRecord>Removed Records: Merge cells from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part</removedRecord></removedRecords></recoveryLog>

I am not sure why this is happening and what it is linked to. The only reason I am linking it to Nested tables is that, I have executed another plain report and that seems to be working fine. Any thoughts ?
Re: BIRT 4.3 - Nested Tables xlsx Error [message #1079000 is a reply to message #1077691] Sat, 03 August 2013 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Any way you can recreate this issue with the sample database? Or with another data type that I can run the report with? This sounds like a bug.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: BIRT 4.3 - Nested Tables xlsx Error [message #1095215 is a reply to message #1079000] Mon, 26 August 2013 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response. I tried recreating the report from scratch with nested tables. The result is same. Next I am thinking to try a crosstab or a grid. Do you have any suggestions around the same ? I can publish the report design if you want.
Re: BIRT 4.3 - Nested Tables xlsx Error [message #1095749 is a reply to message #1095215] Tue, 27 August 2013 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

In addition to above, I just noticed that it is taking a very long time to produce the report. It gets somewhere around 45K to 50K records to group and then certainly there is a nested table, is there any advice on how to improve its performance ?
Re: BIRT 4.3 - Nested Tables xlsx Error [message #1095971 is a reply to message #1095749] Tue, 27 August 2013 19:46 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you recreate the issue with the sample database or with another datasource type that you can provide data for, so I can see your issue and test on your design? Thanks!

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Oracle Data Source
Next Topic:not able to pass the selected x-axis value in case of bar chart - based on value series
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:20:09 GMT 2024