Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Splitting a big process into smaller ones(BPMN splitting)
Splitting a big process into smaller ones [message #1077388] Thu, 01 August 2013 16:18 Go to next message
Bran G is currently offline Bran GFriend
Hello everyone,

I am doing a BPM for my company and it is getting very big and confusing. So my idea was to split it into four seperate parts.

The question that occurs: when the first of the four processes ends with a message income, that is being used in the second process too; can i make that message in the first an "End Event" and in the second process a "Start Event"?

Would be thankful for your help
Re: Splitting a big process into smaller ones [message #1078222 is a reply to message #1077388] Fri, 02 August 2013 17:55 Go to previous message
Poissy B. is currently offline Poissy B.Friend
Hi Bran,

Here is how I would do it:

http://i44.tinypic.com/qnmijk.jpg

Basically you declare (identify) the message sent by participant1, say "Message 1", and attach it to the parent process. I am not really versed into execution semantics of BPMN but my understanding it that the message will bubble and be catched by any event subscribing to it. Then you set both events (end event and start event) to be triggered by "Message 1" by creating a MessageEventDefinition (in the property tab of the start and end events).

Hope this helps. If I am wrong about the execution behaviour, please someone correct me.

Previous Topic:DefinitionalCollaboration not set
Next Topic:Setting associationDirection for Associations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:57:14 GMT 2024