Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Upgrade from SourceForge 0.9 To Nebula 1.0.1
Upgrade from SourceForge 0.9 To Nebula 1.0.1 [message #1077264] Thu, 01 August 2013 13:02 Go to next message
Noga Rotman is currently offline Noga RotmanFriend
Hi,

I'm in the midst of an upgrade, and I've noticed that now the getColumnPositionByX method in CompositeLayer at times returns a negative value which is not -1 (the value actually seems close the the "real" one I'm supposed to get. Couldn't find anything in the Bugzilla or documentation about the change in usage. Fave you encountered anything like this? This never happened before, and according to the API it shouldn't happen now either.

Pinpointing the problem, childLayer.getColumnPositionByX(childX) is the line producing the "bad" value.

Thanks,
Noga
Re: Upgrade from SourceForge 0.9 To Nebula 1.0.1 [message #1077277 is a reply to message #1077264] Thu, 01 August 2013 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Why do you encounter such a issue? Have you created your own layer?
Re: Upgrade from SourceForge 0.9 To Nebula 1.0.1 [message #1077294 is a reply to message #1077264] Thu, 01 August 2013 13:55 Go to previous message
Noga Rotman is currently offline Noga RotmanFriend
Hi Dirk,

We've created a custom layer painter to deal with the painting of our "body" part (as the previous painter had a few issues and we opted to deal with them internally). We also use this function for a custom selection provider.

Just a quick comment - right now I'm bypassing the issue by using the ViewPortLayer of the layer in question when an illegal result arises - viewportLayer.getScrollableLayer().getColumnPositionByX(x) or Y. This seems to be working just fine.

Thanks,
Noga
Previous Topic:Filter and Search with separate text box
Next Topic:Wrong calculation of column startX after loadState()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:39:57 GMT 2024