Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout bundles(Separate scout bundles)
Scout bundles [message #1076310] Wed, 31 July 2013 06:35 Go to next message
Lars Schmidtke is currently offline Lars SchmidtkeFriend
Hi at all.

Since Kepler it is possible to create scout bundles to modulize scout applications.

My question is now, is it possible to create a scout bundle without the parent scout bundles or scout application in the workspace? In other words, i want to build an application and core bundles and provide them as binary for extension builds. Like scout it self do this. The scout-framework is only installed in eclipse, not in workspace.

Thanx

Lars
Re: Scout bundles [message #1076432 is a reply to message #1076310] Wed, 31 July 2013 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Did you have a look at:
Tutorial > Modular Application

To follow the example of this tutorial, it is possible to have the core bundles of the application as binary and only the extension as editable code.

I am not sure if there is a lot of know-how (yet) but having a binary core and specific extensions (declination of your application for a specific market) is something that scout applications support (there is a commercial scout application that is build like this).

Other readings on the forum:
* Multi-Module Applications (Creating modularised applications using eclipse scout) (by Ivan Motsch)
* Multi-Module Applications (by Stefan Mutschler)
* How to split a Scout project to several sub-projects (by Stathis Alexopoulos)

Do not hesitate to ask questions.
Re: Scout bundles [message #1086533 is a reply to message #1076432] Wed, 14 August 2013 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Schmidtke is currently offline Lars SchmidtkeFriend
Thanks.

But I have still some problems.

What I have done:
1. I build the core bundles.
2. By right click in Package Explorer, I choose Export->Plugin Development->Deployable Plug-ins and Fragments. Than I choose all my bundles and export them (as binary) into a directory.
3. Switch to an other (empty) workspace.
4. In Package Explorer I do a right click and choose Import->Plugin Development->Deployable Plug-ins and Fragments. There I choose my directory of the privious export.
5. In Scout Explorer my core appears.

But when I do a right click in Scout Explorer on my core-project, choose New Scout Bundles, fillout the wizard and click on Ok I get the error-message "Error occured while running operation job.
the passed project is not a valid plugin."

What do I wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Re: Scout bundles [message #1086584 is a reply to message #1086533] Wed, 14 August 2013 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Nick is currently offline Matthias NickFriend
Hi Lars,

I just tried your approach, and you're right, I get the same error message. Would you mind opening a bug?

Here is a workaround I found:

1) Switch to your original workspace, where the original scout project is
2) Rightclick on your original project and do "Add Scout Bundles..."
3) The bundles will be created by Scout
4) Now you can take those new bundles and export it to your Desktop for example

5) Switch to your workspace where you imported the "core" project as deployable plugins
6) Now you can import the bundles you exported previously (File > Import > Existing Projects into Workspace...)

The Scout SDK will now recognize your core project and the extra bundle as expected.

If you have any further questions let me know.

Greetings
Matthias

[Updated on: Wed, 14 August 2013 17:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Scout bundles [message #1087132 is a reply to message #1086584] Thu, 15 August 2013 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Nick is currently offline Matthias NickFriend
Hi Lars,

thanks for opening bug 415083

We will have a look at it and try to fix it

Matthias
Re: Scout bundles [message #1101304 is a reply to message #1086533] Wed, 04 September 2013 09:24 Go to previous message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
The bug is solved for Kepler SR1.

As an alternative workaround until then:

Try to set your exported directory as a target platform using a target definition file. Then it should work directly without importing the binary bundles at all.

Kind regards
matthias
Previous Topic:Specific differences between the different "Types of Application"?
Next Topic:TableField in a Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:18:07 GMT 2024