Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Debug Config, not showing 'new' connections
Debug Config, not showing 'new' connections [message #1076208] Wed, 31 July 2013 00:00 Go to next message
Glen Fine is currently offline Glen FineFriend
My setup is win7_64, Juno, With the C/C++ application support added.

The problem is with the connection on the Debug Configuration properties page. I hit the 'new' button, enter the info for an ftp debug session, click apply/OK, and the connction I just added does not appear. I then close out the dialog, open a Remote Connection Explorer perspective, and the connection I added is there. I then go back to the Debug COnfiguration and all that appears is 'Local', and none of the other connections. Here is a picture if what I am talking about.

index.php/fa/15779/0/

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Glen
  • Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 299.82KB, Downloaded 518 times)
Re: Debug Config, not showing 'new' connections [message #1077308 is a reply to message #1076208] Thu, 01 August 2013 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The support people I work with seem to feel a plugin is not loading, where it loaded in a previous environment. What plugin controls loading the Connection dropdown? If this is not the proper forum please move this thread to the right one.

Glen
[SOLVED] Re: Debug Config, not showing 'new' connections [message #1078070 is a reply to message #1077308] Fri, 02 August 2013 13:52 Go to previous message
Found out what happened, and for edicication of other Eclipse users... It turned out to be the selection made for the type of Remote System selected when I created a connection. I had selected FTP Only which is half right, and does not fulfill the debug's needs. In creating a new selection one must select the OS on the target (In my case, Linux), and go from there. Then the connection shows up on the debug screen.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 August 2013 13:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Syntax error
Next Topic:New to Eclipse: use 3rd party SDK
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:14:48 GMT 2024