Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Configure subdiretories for acessing Mainframe FTP from Eclipse(RSE Plugin)
Configure subdiretories for acessing Mainframe FTP from Eclipse [message #1076200] Tue, 30 July 2013 23:28 Go to next message
Marcus Vinicius de Lima is currently offline Marcus Vinicius de LimaFriend
Hi everybody.

I need to connect with Mainframe FTP to edit JCL and Cobol Files.
To connect with Mainframe using FTP it's necessary not just the host but specify the subdirectory where the files are.

I'm trying to use the RSE plugin to to this, but I wasn't able to find an option where I could setup the target subdirectory, and I'd like to know if its possible to define the subdirectory of the target connection.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Configure subdiretories for acessing Mainframe FTP from Eclipse [message #1076366 is a reply to message #1076200] Wed, 31 July 2013 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
You would typically first make a default connection (which gives access to files in the default FTP directory under the "My Home" filter.

Then on the connection/files subsystem, you right-click > New > Filter .

This allows you to define an absolute path on the remote, and give that path a name for easily accessing files in that path and below. You can define multiple such filters if you want.

HTH
Martin
Re: Configure subdiretories for acessing Mainframe FTP from Eclipse [message #1076660 is a reply to message #1076366] Wed, 31 July 2013 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Martin!

I tried to create a filter based on the directory path, but the response from the Mainframe was "No datasets found".

Thanks.
Re: Configure subdiretories for acessing Mainframe FTP from Eclipse [message #1077577 is a reply to message #1076660] Thu, 01 August 2013 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Martin,

I read another thread related to this topic (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/487603/), and now I'm suspecting the error occurred because the directory I'm tring to access is virtual folder, defined by the mainframe FTP support application.
This folder is mapped to a partitionated file (special file type of mainframe) where there are children objects. Every children object of the partitioned file is considered as a file by the mainframe FTP support application.

As I read in the related topic maybe the error occur becase the plugin is using the list command, and not using the CD command to reach the virtual folder.

I'd like to know if there is a solution to enable support to browse virtual folders.

Thanks.
Re: Configure subdiretories for acessing Mainframe FTP from Eclipse [message #1079718 is a reply to message #1077577] Mon, 05 August 2013 01:56 Go to previous message
I found a related bug, but it seems it was not yet corrected.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=199583
Previous Topic:Using an alternate ssh version
Next Topic:Possible to change SFTP to use single connection?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:56:30 GMT 2024