Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Using an alternate ssh version(How can I use ssh version 1 when creating an ssh tunnel?)
Using an alternate ssh version [message #1076130] Tue, 30 July 2013 19:18 Go to next message
Matthew Harker is currently offline Matthew HarkerFriend
Hello,

I am attempting to connect to a remote linux kernal using the Target Management Terminal. When I set up the connection for SSH and try to connect I get "wrong version" as an error. I know this is because the target is using SSH version 1 and I am using SSH version 2. I was wondering if there was a way to make the Target Management Terminal use version 1 like you can in a regular terminal by using the "-1" ssh flag.

Thanks,

Matthew
Re: Using an alternate ssh version [message #1076368 is a reply to message #1076130] Wed, 31 July 2013 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
The TM Terminal uses the JCraft JSch library which supports SSH2 only:
http://jcraft.com/jsch/

Your options to make it work include:
- Connect by telnet instead
- Open a Local Terminal and in that local terminal run your commandline ssh -1
- Install dropbear on the target for ssh2 support
- Connect through some sort of proxy on some host (People have successfully used
netcat (nc) to map remote serial ports on some network port for TCP/IP Telnet
access)
Re: Using an alternate ssh version [message #1076371 is a reply to message #1076368] Wed, 31 July 2013 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Actually, if you are on a Linux host, the "Local Terminal" approach should work nicely : You can create a Local Terminal Launch that directly launches your "ssh -1" command so it would feel just like an ssh terminal.

Unfortunately the TM project's local terminal works on Linux/UNIX only because there's no PTY support on Windows. I don't know if Mac would work.
Re: Using an alternate ssh version [message #1076529 is a reply to message #1076130] Wed, 31 July 2013 14:38 Go to previous message
Matthew Harker is currently offline Matthew HarkerFriend
Thanks for your quick response! I'll give that a try.

Matthew Harker
Previous Topic:Line endings
Next Topic:Configure subdiretories for acessing Mainframe FTP from Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:16:36 GMT 2024