Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Deploy to Wildfly (jBoss 8.x?)(Auto-deploy to newest jBoss (named Wildfly))
Deploy to Wildfly (jBoss 8.x?) [message #1076089] Tue, 30 July 2013 17:38 Go to next message
Marc Fournier is currently offline Marc FournierFriend
Morning all ...

Has anyone started to play with Wildfly, specifically being able to deploy to it? I'm running:

===
Plugin-Version: 1.9-h-2
Hudson-Version: 3.0.0
Plugin-Developers: Winston Prakash:wjprakash:Winston.Prakash@gmail.com
,Steven Christou:christ66:christ66@uwm.edu,Kohsuke Kawaguchi:kohsuke:
,Meikel Bode:edobm:
===

And when I try to deploy using the 'newest jboss' listed for configuration (jboss7), I get told:

"Could not connect to remote://10.5.254.56:9999. The connection failed"

and:

"Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed"

but, when I check the log on the server side, there is nothing, no connection attemps / failures that I can see ...

If I try to telnet to port 9999 at that IP, the log at least shows that I attempted *something*, even though it failed:

"13:44:26,342 ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.remote.connection] (Remoting "sandbox:MANAGEMENT" I/O-1) JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: java.io.IOException: Received an invalid message length of 1195725856"

Something I've overlooked / missed ... ?

Thx
Re: Deploy to Wildfly (jBoss 8.x?) [message #1077487 is a reply to message #1076089] Thu, 01 August 2013 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Hi Marc, the Hudson deploy plugin uses a library called cargo. According to cargo wiki page (http://cargo.codehaus.org/WildFly+8.x), it does supports JBoss 8.x. We have to upgrade the deploy plugin with latest cargo library.

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Deploy to Wildfly (jBoss 8.x?) [message #1113132 is a reply to message #1077487] Fri, 20 September 2013 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Fournier is currently offline Marc FournierFriend
Do you happen to know of any similar problems with 7.2.0.Final? I just tried to set it up to Deploy there, and I get the attempt to Undeploy, but nothing in the logs that seem to indicate an attempt to deploy, and Hudson just hangs indefinitely:

==
Deploying /home/hudson/webapps/jobs/1.sandbox/workspace/target/openstudent.war to container JBoss 7.x Remote

The undeployment phase of the redeploy action has failed: org.codehaus.cargo.util.CargoException: Cannot undeploy deployable org.codehaus.cargo.container.deployable.WAR[openstudent.war]
==

I checked the URL you sent previously, and it lists 7.2.x seperately from 7.1.x / 7.x, so some changes there too maybe?

Re: Deploy to Wildfly (jBoss 8.x?) [message #1152414 is a reply to message #1113132] Thu, 24 October 2013 01:28 Go to previous message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Hmm..according to this web page http://cargo.codehaus.org/JBoss+Remote+Deployer, there should not be any difference in deploying to JBoss 7.0.x and JBoss 7.1.x / WildFly 8.x

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team

[Updated on: Thu, 24 October 2013 01:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:how to deploy a war file to a glassfish 3.1 server using hudson
Next Topic:hudson-remoting-3.0.1.jar not being found by mavin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:37:24 GMT 2024