Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » How can I choose or make a proper diagram element?
How can I choose or make a proper diagram element? [message #1075992] Tue, 30 July 2013 13:21 Go to next message
Peter Hudak is currently offline Peter HudakFriend
I have got a given Ecore model what I have to use to make a GMF diagram editor. It was organized like that:

-main package
....-class A
....-class B
....-package A
........-class AA
........-class AB
....-package B
........-class BA
........-class BB
I want to choose class A as a diagram element because it is the main class that represents the objects i want to draw with the GMF diagram editor. If I choose class A, I cant reach classes from package A, package B etc. which I also want to draw. How can I choose the proper diagram element or how can I do a better structure of classes to achieve what I want?
Re: How can I choose or make a proper diagram element? [message #1096364 is a reply to message #1075992] Wed, 28 August 2013 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

is the meta-model linked to the other meta-models by references? If you could do so this could maybe help with you problem.

Ralph
Re: How can I choose or make a proper diagram element? [message #1097420 is a reply to message #1096364] Thu, 29 August 2013 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Ralph,

no there are no references to other meta-models. I solved the problem, I had to disassembly the whole structure: I have only one package now with all of the classes. Unfortunately it is messy but GMF allowed only this workaround.

Thanks for help!
Peter
Re: How can I choose or make a proper diagram element? [message #1099829 is a reply to message #1097420] Mon, 02 September 2013 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

did you have packages in packages in one meta-model? As far as I know it is discouraged to use packages in packages in EMF. Hence, you have improved the model Smile

Ralph
Re: How can I choose or make a proper diagram element? [message #1099946 is a reply to message #1099829] Mon, 02 September 2013 12:27 Go to previous message
Hello,

yes I have liquidated my packages empirically. Smile

Previous Topic:Read Only Properties
Next Topic:Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:56:35 GMT 2024