Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Creating project from existing folder or makefile (Creating project from existing folder or makefile )
Creating project from existing folder or makefile [message #1075679] Mon, 29 July 2013 21:17 Go to next message
Glenn Puchtel is currently offline Glenn PuchtelFriend
First, I did a search on the this forum to see if this topic was already discussed/resolved; however, I did not find anything, or perhaps I didn't recognize an answer.

So, what I'd like to do/know is how I can use Eclipse (Kepler) to navigate existing code. I have an existing directory and even a makefile; however, this is of little use if I can't use Eclispe to open files and navigate classes & methods.

I'm assuming I have to create a project, perhaps even import it; however, I can't find a straight-forward answer if this possible much less the steps to do it.

At the risk of forum ridicule, is this possible? If so, how does one do it? More so, I'm using Remote System Explorer (RSE) if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

Re: Creating project from existing folder or makefile [message #1080108 is a reply to message #1075679] Mon, 05 August 2013 13:29 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
It is all in the help pages ...
http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/getting_started/cdt_w_import.htm?cp=9_1_3

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Plugin-dev:Change build/compiler settings
Next Topic:How to configure eclipse to compile/run 32bit code under 64bit linux environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:52:36 GMT 2024