Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Duplicate Popups from Project Context Menu(I'm getting duplicate modal popup dialogs!)
Duplicate Popups from Project Context Menu [message #1075623] Mon, 29 July 2013 19:14 Go to next message
Chris Crowley is currently offline Chris CrowleyFriend
If I select Properties or most anything with a popup from the right-click menu in Project Explorer, I get two popup dialogs! This also happens from the menu bar as well.

This is new behavior as of today. The only changes I've made today were installing Java 1.7, and updating the PyDev plugin. I've tried restarting and rebooting, but no luck. It's not a show-stopper but it is really annoying. Especially in the situation where I make changes in the top (2nd) window, confirm, and the 1st window appears with the old settings. If I confirm again, all my changes are reverted.

Anyone else ever see this bizarre behavior??

[Update]

I've updated (clean install) to STS 3.3.0, which uses Eclipse 3.8.2. Problem still exists.
I've noticed that I get the double popup with the mouse or the laptop trackpad, or even if I remote desktop in from another computer. Enter and Alt-Enter do not have this problem.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 July 2013 17:59]

Report message to a moderator

icon3.gif  Re: Duplicate Popups from Project Context Menu [message #1077394 is a reply to message #1075623] Thu, 01 August 2013 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Crowley is currently offline Chris CrowleyFriend
After much Googling and hair-pulling, I found the problem: nVidia's nView desktop manager. I don't know why or why only Eclipse, but nView was to blame for this bizarre behavior. Disabling it made the weirdness go away.
Re: Duplicate Popups from Project Context Menu [message #1086787 is a reply to message #1077394] Wed, 14 August 2013 18:16 Go to previous message
Nicholas Roberts is currently offline Nicholas RobertsFriend
You sir are an absolute genius! Disabled and instantly disappeared! Love it thanks so much.
Previous Topic:Double Windows and Actions
Next Topic:help with eclipse configuration problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:59:45 GMT 2024