Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xtext 2.4.2: content assist: how to use a filter in completeRuleCall ?(There is no filter in calling completeRuleCall())
Xtext 2.4.2: content assist: how to use a filter in completeRuleCall ? [message #1075135] Sun, 28 July 2013 21:16 Go to next message
J A is currently offline J AFriend
Dear all,

For content assist, I can use a filter to help accepting/refusing some AST's element if that's a lookupCrossReference, but I cannot do the same thing with completeRuleCall.

Example:
public class MyModelProposalProvider extends AbstractFinancialProposalProvider

// I could filter the cross-referencings that I don't like
	public void completeProductionReturnType1_FeatureName1(EObject model, Assignment assignment, ContentAssistContext context, ICompletionProposalAcceptor acceptor) {
                		Predicate<IEObjectDescription> booleanFilter = new Predicate<IEObjectDescription>()
		{
			public boolean apply(IEObjectDescription ieod)
			{
				// Return true/false basing on your liking here
                        }
		};

lookupCrossReference(((CrossReference)assignment.getTerminal()), context, acceptor, booleanFilter);
	}

// But I cannot do anything to the completeRuleCall()
        public void completeProductionReturnType2_FeatureName2(EObject model, Assignment assignment, ContentAssistContext context, ICompletionProposalAcceptor acceptor) {
		completeRuleCall(((RuleCall)assignment.getTerminal()), context, acceptor);
	}
}

Do you suggest how I could do manipulate the call to completeRuleCall(), can I manipulate its "context" or "acceptor" ???

[Updated on: Sun, 28 July 2013 21:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Xtext 2.4.2: content assist: how to use a filter in completeRuleCall ? [message #1075254 is a reply to message #1075135] Mon, 29 July 2013 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Nittka is currently offline Alexander NittkaFriend
Hi,

why don't you inspect context, model etc. and delegate to "super" only if a proposal is to be created. You can also create all of the proposals yourself and not use the default implementation at all.

Alex

Need training, onsite consulting or any other kind of help for Xtext?
Go visit http://xtext.itemis.com or send a mail to xtext@itemis.de
Re: Xtext 2.4.2: content assist: how to use a filter in completeRuleCall ? [message #1075438 is a reply to message #1075254] Mon, 29 July 2013 12:36 Go to previous message
J A is currently offline J AFriend
I would look into it, thanks Alexander
Previous Topic:Outline broken in Xtext 2.4.2
Next Topic:Is Xtext generation gap support a myth?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:50:16 GMT 2024