Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Errors during working with Eclipse Juno on Xubuntu 10.04
Errors during working with Eclipse Juno on Xubuntu 10.04 [message #1075076] Sun, 28 July 2013 17:19
H vN is currently offline H vNFriend
Hi,

I'm using Xubuntu 10.04 LTS, with Eclipse Juno, CDT en latest Java VM from Sun/Oracle. I know Xubuntu 10.04 LTS is unsupported by now, but because of some other software I'm using I can't upgrade to 12.04 LTS and the project will end in about 2 months.
The problems I"m having with Eclipse is that it (seemingly) random slows down and responds to nothing. Then either it comes up to speed of gives errors like that the Java garbage collection doesn't work anymore (I'm programming in C++), some CB crashed and that I should exit Eclipse.
I've been using Eclipse on Linux for quite a few years but this is the first time I'm having these problems. Does this sound in any way familiar to someone? What should I do ?

Thanks for advise and/or helping out.

Edit: First notification by Eclipse is: "Problem occurred 'Periodic workspace save.' has encountered a problem. An internal error occurred during: "Periodic workspace save".
The 2nd notification is: "An out of memory error has occurred. Consult the "Running Eclipse" section of the read me file for information on preventing this kind of error in the future. You are recommended to exit the workbench. Subsequent errors may happen and may terminate te workbench without warning. See the .log file for more details. Do you want to exit the workbench?"
The 3rd notification: "Problem occured Unhandled event loop exception Java heap space"

The time between the 1st and 2nd notification is at least 5 minutes (Core 2 Duo, 3 GB). Logfile shows that there are cast and parsing errors by the cdt plugin:
Error while parsing DTG.hpp
java.lang.ClassCastException .....dom.parser.cpp.CPPQualifierType cannot be cast to org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast.IBinding

[Updated on: Mon, 29 July 2013 07:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:it won't work...
Next Topic:How to create .apk by importing gideros android project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:12:16 GMT 2024