Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » aspectj : how to compile only required files using (how to compile only required files )
aspectj : how to compile only required files using [message #1074024] Fri, 26 July 2013 00:23 Go to next message
Milan Shrestha is currently offline Milan ShresthaFriend
Hi,
I am new to AspectJ. I am working on a legacy web project which has hundreds of file. I have written an aspect to capture the query call. So, I require to weave only DAO class. Is there any way I can instruct the aspectj compiler to only weave the required files.
For example, i want have the dao weave under different dao pakes as below:
com.xyx.p1.dao
com.xyz.p2.dao
com.zzz.p3.dao

So is there any way that i can write the expression so that asjpectj compiler would weave only the files within the package ending with *.dao

Re: aspectj : how to compile only required files using [message #1074059 is a reply to message #1074024] Fri, 26 July 2013 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
You should use the within pointcut for this:

pointcut targetPackages() : within(com.xyx.p1.dao..*.*) || 
        within(com.xyx.p2.dao..*.*) || <etc...>;

And then use this pointcut with your other advice to ensure that the compiler scopes the target of other advice properly. Kind of like this:

before() : targetPackages() && <someotherpointcuts> {
  // do sumpin
}
Re: aspectj : how to compile only required files using [message #1074309 is a reply to message #1074059] Fri, 26 July 2013 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Andrew for the reply. But I want to do something as below:
Match the package Starting with say "com.xyz" and followed by anything and then ending with "dao". Can I write expression for such case in the pointcut.
Re: aspectj : how to compile only required files using [message #1074361 is a reply to message #1074309] Fri, 26 July 2013 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True, the pointcut could be simplified like this

ointcut targetPackages() : within(com..*.dao..*.*);
Re: aspectj : how to compile only required files using [message #1074455 is a reply to message #1074361] Fri, 26 July 2013 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I tried with that and it works. But even with this AspectJ compiler tries to weave all the classes present in the src directory. Is there any way I can specify compiler to weave only the required packages and skip trying to weave others.
Re: aspectj : how to compile only required files using [message #1074457 is a reply to message #1074455] Fri, 26 July 2013 21:04 Go to previous message
What is the problem with trying to weave all classes? If aspects don't apply to them, they will not be changed. Is it taking too long?
Previous Topic:Demand base logging on production
Next Topic:Plug-in to send data to excel?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:37:46 GMT 2024