Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Appearance preferences unable to find themes
Appearance preferences unable to find themes [message #1073726] Thu, 25 July 2013 11:35 Go to next message
n m is currently offline n mFriend
I had a 3.x plugin which I wanted to migrate to a 4.x plugin using the compatibility layer. I followed the steps outlined in this tutorial - www.vogella.com/articles/Eclipse4MigrationGuide/article.html. I have a product based on features to which I added the following dependencies -
org.eclipse.emf.ecore
and
org.eclipse.emf.common

When I launched the product, there was no theme on the workbench and did not look like an E4 application. Also when I went to the Preferences dialog the Appearance preference gave me the error of "The currently displayed page contains invalid values."

The following stack trace was in the console,
!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2013-07-25 12:30:06.569
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.ViewsPreferencePage.createContents(ViewsPreferencePage.java:74)
	at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferencePage.createControl(PreferencePage.java:232)
	at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.createPageControl(PreferenceDialog.java:1502)
	at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog$14.run(PreferenceDialog.java:1259)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

This is occurring from the
themeIdCombo.setInput(engine.getThemes());
statement in the ViewsPreferencesPage.class. Hence I believe it is not finding any of the css files in the org.eclipse.platform.

I am not sure if there is something else I am missing.
Re: Appearance preferences unable to find themes [message #1073809 is a reply to message #1073726] Thu, 25 July 2013 14:23 Go to previous message
n m is currently offline n mFriend
So I made it work by adding the following things in my org.eclipse.core.runtime.products extension,

<property
    name="cssTheme"
    value="org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.theme.e4_default">
</property>
<property
    name="applicationCSSResources"
    value="platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.platform/images/">
</property>

It seems that the Theme Engine does not start unless the cssTheme property is defined.
I don't know if this is the proper way of doing it so I am open to suggestions.
Previous Topic:"Add Required Plug-ins" does not see plug-in fragments as optional
Next Topic:Job does not sleep [org.eclipse.core.runtime.jobs.Job]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:24:57 GMT 2024