Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Texo] usage of other JSON/WS
[Texo] usage of other JSON/WS [message #1073716] Thu, 25 July 2013 11:07 Go to next message
peter meyer is currently offline peter meyerFriend
Hello

i have an existing JSON/WS and want to use it in a RCP-CLient application.
My idea is to generate an EMF Model for my WS classes and to use Texo for WS calls and for marshalling JSON to EMF.

Is there a possibility to use TEXO, respectively some of the TEXO components for this use case?

regards
Peter
Re: [Texo] usage of other JSON/WS [message #1073781 is a reply to message #1073716] Thu, 25 July 2013 13:20 Go to previous message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Peter,
Yes for sure, see the JSONModelConverter or the JSONEMFConverter and the convert methods on these converter classes.
Maybe you have to create your own subclasses and override some methods to handle resolving of types etc.

If you need to read the database during de-serialization so that the data is read from the database and updated from
json then you need to set an EntityManagerObjectStore instance as the ObjectResolver.

Btw, if it works for you it can be great to share some code with me, if possible, then I will/can blog about it.

gr. Martin

On 07/25/2013 01:07 PM, peter meyer wrote:
> Hello
>
> i have an existing JSON/WS and want to use it in a RCP-CLient application.
> My idea is to generate an EMF Model for my WS classes and to use Texo for WS calls and for marshalling JSON to EMF.
>
> Is there a possibility to use TEXO, respectively some of the TEXO components for this use case?
>
> regards
> Peter
>

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397