Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Window Builder Problem(I try to open Window Builder for my GUI project.)
Window Builder Problem [message #1073516] Thu, 25 July 2013 00:52 Go to next message
Malachi Liberda is currently offline Malachi LiberdaFriend
Hello I am sort of new to programming and I made this GUI project for the first time.
This is supposed to work I think and I can't figure out the problem. Here is my code:

import javax.swing.*;
//This is how to setup a GUI screen, GUI stands for Graphical User Interface
public class FirstGUI {

public static void main(String[] args) {
JFrame theGUI = new JFrame(); //Assigned the JFrame name

theGUI.setTitle("My First GUI");

theGUI.setSize(300, 200);

theGUI.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE); //Asigned the close operator

theGUI.setVisible(true); //set the user to see the gui

}

}

So yeah if I press start then it opens a window, but I want to open it in window builder, when I right click and say Open with Window Builder it says this.:

Unknown GUI toolkit
The parser parsed the compilation unit, but can't identify any GUI toolkit, so WindowBuilder can't display any GUI to edit. This can be caused by one of the following reasons:

This class is not an editable UI class and contains no UI components.
WindowBuilder does not recognize the GUI toolkit or library used in this class.
WindowBuilder does not understand this GUI type/pattern in a supported GUI toolkit.
Problems exist with the classpath. For example, the compilation unit uses SWT classes, but the SWT/JFace libraries are not included into the

If you guys know what I am doing wrong please let me know! Thank you!
Malachi
Re: Window Builder Problem [message #1073789 is a reply to message #1073516] Thu, 25 July 2013 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
My guess would be the third item listed:
"WindowBuilder does not understand this GUI type/pattern in a supported GUI toolkit."
WindowBuilder has to parse the source code to figure out the structure of the GUI you are working with and can only recognize specific patterns.

Your best bet is to use WindowBuilder to create a new graphical class and then start your work from there.
Re: Window Builder Problem [message #1827692 is a reply to message #1073789] Wed, 20 May 2020 20:38 Go to previous message
Martin Prouvot is currently offline Martin ProuvotFriend
The solution could be to add a Library of execution like explained below

Go to: Project -> Properties -> Libraries -> Add Library -> Execution Environment

Select the drop down list and then choose "javaSE-1.7"
Previous Topic:Scene builder library empty
Next Topic:Eclipse Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:33:27 GMT 2024