Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Indexer issue with templates that use templates(Could not find symbol 'Get' in index)
Indexer issue with templates that use templates [message #1073470] Wed, 24 July 2013 21:41
Scott Sikora is currently offline Scott SikoraFriend
I am having an issue with the indexer where it cannot resolve a method of a template that is called from another template. The issue is related to a template using its own template parameter as a template parameter into a member variable, which is a template itself. Code navigation is less than optimal with this issue.

Does anyone know why this is? I verified that this used to work fine in an older version of eclipse (see below), which makes me think I broke it when messing with the settings. I tried a fresh copy of eclipse CDT but it has the same issue. The code compiles fine using gcc 4.7.2 (mingw).

Details:

In the file "Test_cpp.cpp" line 16 column 22, select Navigate->Open Declaration to go directly to the header file of this function.

It fails if I try the same thing in "Template01.cpp" line 14 column 24 with the following error: Could not find symbol 'Get' in index.

Fresh Version:

Eclipse CDT

Version: Kepler Release
Build id: 20130614-0229

Older Version:

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers

Version: Indigo Service Release 1
Build id: 20110916-0149

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
1.4.1.20110909-1818
Previous Topic:Can't compile w/ boost one linux in C++
Next Topic:CDebugger Extension Does Not Load