Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Amazing Effort(CDT Making Leaps and Bounds)
Amazing Effort [message #1073462] Wed, 24 July 2013 21:15 Go to next message
Scott Mising name is currently offline Scott Mising nameFriend
Firstly, I had been a CDT user for a long time, going back to the very first release all the way up to CDT 4.XX something... I moved on to other things and left CDT and have been using Visual Studio for all my C/C++ development for the last several years.

I recently picked up an old project using make files. Since VS support for make projects was a little lacking I decided to try the newest version of the CDT tools.

I am extremely impressed with how simple it was to get my project up and running with the tool set, and not only that, but the support for everything from syntax highlighting to code assist and CMake support has completely blown the other tools out of the water.

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank you all for amazing efforts you have put into the tools.
Re: Amazing Effort [message #1083261 is a reply to message #1073462] Fri, 09 August 2013 18:08 Go to previous message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
Thanks for the nice words. I posted your comments on the CDT developer mailing list. I'm sure it will be well received.

Marc
Previous Topic:C++ perspective/project not options
Next Topic:Issue with binaries with Eclipse Kepler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:56:52 GMT 2024