Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Staging via drag-and-drop occasionally hangs forever
Staging via drag-and-drop occasionally hangs forever [message #1073417] Wed, 24 July 2013 18:30 Go to next message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
I've seen the following nasty issue very occasionally in both Juno and Kepler:
I select one or more items in the top panel of the Git Staging view, start dragging them to the bottom panel in order to stage them, and then Eclipse hangs forever. I can't do anything other than force-quit the application.

I cannot replicate this reliably, in fact I hardly ever see it. One of my co-workers sees it somewhat more often but still only very occasionally. FWIW we're both running OS X.

I have never seen this problem when staging via the 'add' operation, only via drag-and-drop.

I don't see this in the EGIit buglist but the nature of public buglists means it can sometimes be hard to tell... Is this a known issue? Anyone else ever seen it, and if so, was it in OS X?

[Updated on: Wed, 24 July 2013 18:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Staging via drag-and-drop occasionally hangs forever [message #1085928 is a reply to message #1073417] Tue, 13 August 2013 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom van den Bege is currently offline Tom van den BegeFriend
I'm having the exact same issue. It happens when selecting a file in the top panel, and it happens multiple times per day for me. The only remedy is force-quit, like you say. I'm also running OSX, Kepler.

Re: Staging via drag-and-drop occasionally hangs forever [message #1110657 is a reply to message #1085928] Tue, 17 September 2013 06:40 Go to previous message
Morten Frederiksen is currently offline Morten FrederiksenFriend
+ 1, and OSX
Previous Topic:Invalid remote: origin
Next Topic:JGit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:22:06 GMT 2024