Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » eclipse based plugin development using javaFx(Is it possible to develop plugin in eclipse which will create serious impact on eclipse IDE using javaFX instead of swt/jface)
eclipse based plugin development using javaFx [message #1072707] Tue, 23 July 2013 10:35 Go to next message
Ritabrata Chakraborty is currently offline Ritabrata ChakrabortyFriend
I have an javaFx application which will create an IDE with its own custom wizards, perspectives, forms, APIs and folder structure. I want to port this whole as an eclipse plugin, which means all my custom forms will open in eclipse editor, i will also add my own project type under new project wizard and create my own type of project inside eclipse IDE.

Now, my question is will it be possible without dealing with swt/jface to create this kind of plugin which will make some serious contribution to eclipse IDE only using javaFx and eclipse PDE.

As of now I haven't found any good example or article which can take me through various steps to create such heavy UI plugin for eclipse IDE using javaFx and eclipse PDE. The plugin should contribute creating new Wizards, Files, Folder structure and open different screens on eclipse editor etc.
Re: eclipse based plugin development using javaFx [message #1072873 is a reply to message #1072707] Tue, 23 July 2013 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
I've replied to your request on my blog [1].

Tom

[1]http://tomsondev.bestsolution.at/2011/10/17/efxclipse-0-0-7-released/

On 23.07.13 13:49, Ritabrata Chakraborty wrote:
> I have an javaFx application which will create an IDE with its own
> custom wizards, perspectives, forms, APIs and folder structure. I want
> to port this whole as an eclipse plugin, which means all my custom forms
> will open in eclipse editor, i will also add my own project type under
> new project wizard and create my own type of project inside eclipse IDE.
>
> Now, my question is will it be possible without dealing with swt/jface
> to create this kind of plugin which will make some serious contribution
> to eclipse IDE only using javaFx and eclipse PDE.
>
> As of now I haven't found any good example or article which can take me
> through various steps to create such heavy UI plugin for eclipse IDE
> using javaFx and eclipse PDE. The plugin should contribute creating new
> Wizards, Files, Folder structure and open different screens on eclipse
> editor etc.
Re: eclipse based plugin development using javaFx [message #1073121 is a reply to message #1072873] Wed, 24 July 2013 07:20 Go to previous message
Ritabrata Chakraborty is currently offline Ritabrata ChakrabortyFriend
Thanks for your response Tomson, I am facing some problem to comment in your blog so if you see any reply there from me you can place your response there itself.

Yesterday I downloaded the efxclipse plugin and tried to create a plugin using fx template which will reflect in eclipse native view; now while doing this I found some packages named as at.BestSystems... I believe these are your APIs which supports to code with javaFx on top of the native layer, like you have created the ViewPart which allows changes on eclipse IDE view. Since I think we need some bridge to code with javaFx which reflects eclipse UI such as view, perspective, editor etc, example if I am using swt and jface by including the Wizard extension in my plugin it automatically adds the Wizard class to my custom class to contribute any change on eclipse IDE wizards, similarly I believe if I am using your APIs as I mentioned I will be able to get a control for a particular Eclipse UI component so that if I make any change it will reflect there because at the end I need to know where I am changing.

But the problem is there is no documentation for these efxclipse PDE APIs, if my assumption is correct about your APIs then I need to know when the documentation will be available to public because without knowing which Class is for which control I cant proceed further.
Previous Topic:PDE Build end of life date
Next Topic:"Add Required Plug-ins" does not see plug-in fragments as optional
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:49:17 GMT 2024