Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » A very simple question
A very simple question [message #1072636] Tue, 23 July 2013 07:33 Go to next message
froozen martial is currently offline froozen martialFriend
I have a very basic question regarding hudson.

My team is divided into 3,4 small groups working on different modules of the same project. Each of them are working on separate java classes. Can Hudson integrate it ?

or lets say I have two java helloworld classes, separately made in separate projects, now I need to combine both classes, how to do it ?

Re: A very simple question [message #1072639 is a reply to message #1072636] Tue, 23 July 2013 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Zimmermann is currently offline Kai ZimmermannFriend
What do you mean by combine? Hudson can check out from different SCM within the same job and bring the code together.
Re: A very simple question [message #1072878 is a reply to message #1072639] Tue, 23 July 2013 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for replying Kai, I have read a lot of documentation of CI server but still i m not able to grasp the basic idea Sad

how will hudson combine ? i mean I have SCM say GIT and people are uploading on it, now whats the advantage of using HUDSON ???

by my hudson understanding all the developers will be having same source code file and they will be working on different portions of that source code file, when they do some update, GIT be updated and one can rebuild the job, to see whether the modified code have some issues or not ???
Re: A very simple question [message #1073067 is a reply to message #1072639] Wed, 24 July 2013 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
please explain this also Hudson can check out from different SCM within the same job and bring the code together ???
Re: A very simple question [message #1073828 is a reply to message #1073067] Thu, 25 July 2013 15:03 Go to previous message
k z is currently offline k zFriend
Hudson cannot check out from different types of SCM (eg GIT & SVN) in a single job. However, it can checkout from different SCM (eg mygitserver.myorg.com/repo and myothergitserver.myorg.com/repo) of the same type or several repos from the same SCM (mygitserver.myorg.com/repo1, mygitserver.myorg.com/repo2).
Previous Topic:Detecting when a previously broken build is fixed
Next Topic:Running out of memory - Perm Size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:04:45 GMT 2024