Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse Kepler too slow in Ubuntu(Problems in editor)
Eclipse Kepler too slow in Ubuntu [message #1072145] Mon, 22 July 2013 07:01 Go to next message
Charles Smith is currently offline Charles SmithFriend
Hi,

Recently I downloaded the Juno Release 2 but its odd behaviour made me switch back to release 1.

Today I downloaded the Kepler release and it seems to be behaving just as bad. When I open a file in the editor and start scrolling with the mouse button it takes about three seconds for the page to scroll. I'm also getting red wiggles everywhere even though all the header files are included. The program builds but the editor is filled with hundreds of red wiggles. I'm really not impressed. I'm thinking of ditching eclipse altogether.

When I switched back to Juno Release 1, I got the same red wiggles and the solution was to copy back the backed up version of the project. It seems the Kepler corrupted the config file.

I'm building using GCC / G++ and not the internal cross compiler.

Platform: Ubuntu 12.10.

g++: (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1) 4.7.2

Thanks in advance for any help.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 July 2013 07:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Kepler too slow in Ubuntu [message #1072243 is a reply to message #1072145] Mon, 22 July 2013 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabian Wein is currently offline Fabian WeinFriend
I use OpenSuse, Kepler is fine for me, faster than Helios. Juno SR2 was not usable.

What about your memory settings in eclipse.ini? I suggest to enable current memory usage output: Window => Preferences => General => Show Heap Status = on
Re: Eclipse Kepler too slow in Ubuntu [message #1072298 is a reply to message #1072243] Mon, 22 July 2013 13:34 Go to previous message
Charles Smith is currently offline Charles SmithFriend
Thank you for the info Fabian. I've turned on heap status and i'll keep an eye the the memory used.
Previous Topic:Makefile Project, "run" not automaticly ?
Next Topic:Some advice/ideas on use of CDT for C++(11) development
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:52:24 GMT 2024