Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » How is STP different from BPMN2Modeler?
How is STP different from BPMN2Modeler? [message #1072141] Mon, 22 July 2013 06:49 Go to next message
wei na is currently offline wei naFriend
I want to transform the .bpmn to bpel file which can be executable. So, I want to know what the associations and differences between the STP and the BPMN2MODELER as different versions of BPMN. What is in the BPMN2MODELER like the Pool in STP?
Sounds more like a mapping rules?
Can somebody help me?
Re: How is STP different from BPMN2Modeler? [message #1072300 is a reply to message #1072141] Mon, 22 July 2013 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

The Eclipse STP project is being terminated, most of the subprojects have been moved to the SOA top level project.
The BPMN2 Modeler conforms to the BPMN 2.0 specification and there are several resources available on the internet describing how to convert BPMN 2.0 to WS-BPEL. A good start would be to read the BPMN 2.0 specification itself which defines the BPEL Process conformance levels.
Re: How is STP different from BPMN2Modeler? [message #1072758 is a reply to message #1072300] Tue, 23 July 2013 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is possible to split a .bpmn into several .bpmn files according to some attributes of an element in the workflow?
Re: How is STP different from BPMN2Modeler? [message #1072774 is a reply to message #1072758] Tue, 23 July 2013 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Is it possible? Sure, almost anything is possible Wink

But, the BPMN2 Modeler doesn't support any kind of splitting/merging of bpmn files. Looks like you will have to do this by hand, or code up some fancy customized splitter...

Bob
Re: How is STP different from BPMN2Modeler? [message #1072788 is a reply to message #1072774] Tue, 23 July 2013 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes....hm,I tried to read the new wizard class, only to find that I fell into the complex logic...Why can I just call the BPMNCreator to create a diagram... They are coupled so tight together that I can't just take what I want. And when I try to import the ModelUtil class which contain the enum Bpmn2DiagramType, errors ocurred.

Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.core.utils.ModelUtil$Bpmn2DiagramType. Fix the build path then try building this project BPMN2BPEL Unknown Java Problem

I just don't know why. Just because these two java files didn't exist in the same project?but there is no problem to import the BpmnCreator.
Now my idea is simple, right click the .bpmn and generate a new .bpmn automatically. Can you figure out for me?
Re: How is STP different from BPMN2Modeler? [message #1072792 is a reply to message #1072788] Tue, 23 July 2013 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If you want to simply load the bpmn2 model without having to use the BPMN2 editor, I suggest you read this topic:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/491919/

Once the model is loaded, you can navigate it and split it out however you need.
Re: How is STP different from BPMN2Modeler? [message #1073054 is a reply to message #1072792] Wed, 24 July 2013 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried to copy the code there, as follows.
		URI uri = URI.createFileURI("/test/process_1.bpmn");
		Resource.Factory.Registry reg = Resource.Factory.Registry.INSTANCE;
		Factory f = reg.getFactory(uri);
		Resource res = f.createResource(uri);
		try {
			// load it
			res.load(null);
		}
		catch (IOException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

Why is that?Quote:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/emf/common/util/URI
Re: How is STP different from BPMN2Modeler? [message #1073630 is a reply to message #1073054] Thu, 25 July 2013 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wei na wrote on Tue, 23 July 2013 23:19
I tried to copy the code there, as follows.
		Resource.Factory.Registry reg = Resource.Factory.Registry.INSTANCE;
		Factory f = reg.getFactory(uri);
		Resource res = f.createResource(uri);
		try {
			// load it
			res.load(null);
		}
		catch (IOException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

Why is that?Quote:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/emf/common/util/URI

The error occured in the Quote:
Re: How is STP different from BPMN2Modeler? [message #1073700 is a reply to message #1073630] Thu, 25 July 2013 10:36 Go to previous message

Make sure you have installed all of the required plugins. If you install the BPMN2 Modeler, into your development workbench this will also install everything needed for your purposes.

The call to createFileURI() requires that the file "/test/process_1.bpmn" exists - does it? Maybe you want to use a Platform URI instead?
Previous Topic:Custom Service Tasks from .wid file
Next Topic:Source code for Kepler binaries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:07:51 GMT 2024