Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Message Argument Vs Signal Attribute ?
Message Argument Vs Signal Attribute ? [message #1071161] Fri, 19 July 2013 13:14 Go to next message
Amine Lyoubi is currently offline Amine LyoubiFriend
Hi,

I am working actually on sequence diagram and I made a disturbing observation on Message Argument / Signal attribute.

It's mentioned in « UML Superstructure Specification, v2.4.1 »:
[4] In the case when the Message signature is a Signal, the arguments of the Message must correspond to the attributes of the Signal. A Message Argument corresponds to a Signal Attribute if the Argument is of the same Class or a specialization of that of the Attribute.
When a Message represents a Signal, the arguments of the Message are the attributes of the Signal.

That means when we mention Signal Attribute, the Message Argument must correspond to the Signal Attribute. It's not the case on Papyrus, We can even put more message argument than Signal Attribute and also with different type. In other words, there is no link between Message Argument and Signal Attribute
I wonder if it's a Papyrus bug or a misunderstanding of mine..?

In my case I use Enumeration as Message Argument and I want to specify in Signal Attribute depending on the case the adequate Enumeration properties (for example On Off)

I am new on SysML and Papyrus. I'll be very thankful if your answer is detailed. Smile
Re: Message Argument Vs Signal Attribute ? [message #1073717 is a reply to message #1071161] Thu, 25 July 2013 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Schwichtenberg is currently offline Simon SchwichtenbergFriend
I haven't tried it, but it sounds for me that's a bug of Papyrus. Which version are you using?

I remember that when you first create an operation with its arguments and then assign it to a message, the arguments are set properly. But it was possible to create inconsistencies concerning the types and number of arguments. I would expect the same behaviour for signals. At least the model validation should recognize the inconsistencies.
Re: Message Argument Vs Signal Attribute ? [message #1073793 is a reply to message #1073717] Thu, 25 July 2013 13:50 Go to previous message
Amine Lyoubi is currently offline Amine LyoubiFriend
Thank you for your answer. Actually, I have no problem to make the parameters appear. The thing is, I want their value to be on the message.

For example, if the message1 has as a signature the signal1. Signal1 is a Boolean with the value 'true'. I want the 'true' to be shown on the message on my sequence diagram.

I tried many times, but it didn't work. If you ever faced this problem, I would be pleased if you explain it to me.

Thank you in advance.
Previous Topic:3rd party GMF editor integration in Papyrus 0.10.0
Next Topic:Documenting UML elements in Papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:09:31 GMT 2024