Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » MultiPageEditorPart on Eclipse 4(adding MultiPageEditorPart as part on PartStack)
MultiPageEditorPart on Eclipse 4 [message #1070905] Thu, 18 July 2013 23:18 Go to next message
AIT YAHIA Idir is currently offline AIT YAHIA IdirFriend
Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to implement a MultiPageEditorPart in an Eclipse application 4.

for example, adding them to a PartStack
Re: MultiPageEditorPart on Eclipse 4 [message #1071209 is a reply to message #1070905] Fri, 19 July 2013 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

Yes, it should be possible to implement a multi page editor in E4. However, adding them to a part stack wouldn't be the solution because they will all be treated as a separate editor at that point. (Think of the active part, if you have them as parts in a part stack, then the active part changes everytime you move to a new "page" -> Not what you want)

The implementation should not be any different from a standard "editor" in E4, where the part has a CTabFolder (or similar).

I don't think you'll have any special requirements for managing the active selection, but I could be wrong (haven't tried a multi-page part in E4 yet).

HTH,

JD
Re: MultiPageEditorPart on Eclipse 4 [message #1071667 is a reply to message #1071209] Sat, 20 July 2013 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AIT YAHIA Idir is currently offline AIT YAHIA IdirFriend
thanks, for your replay,

I also think that the CTabFolder is the solution, because MultiPageEditorPart does not really offer a add value

[Updated on: Sat, 20 July 2013 21:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MultiPageEditorPart on Eclipse 4 [message #1072424 is a reply to message #1070905] Mon, 22 July 2013 18:32 Go to previous message
Eric Moffatt is currently offline Eric MoffattFriend

Right now there is no way to properly define parts containing other parts in
the UI Model. We plan on introducing a new Model element MCompositePart in Luna
and, over time (i.e. post-Luna), moving our implementations of the MPEP and the PageBook views over to using this new mechanism.

Stay tuned !
Previous Topic:E4 Tools Internationalization - Use case on OSGi Level
Next Topic:White foreground and black background?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:37:02 GMT 2024