Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [EWL] In-Place transformation programmatically
[EWL] In-Place transformation programmatically [message #1070715] Thu, 18 July 2013 14:23 Go to next message
Alex G is currently offline Alex GFriend
Hi!

I read that EWL is tailored for in-place transformations controlled by user inputs. Is it also possible to use EWL for recursive in-place transformations programmatically (standalone) without user interaction?
ETL is too general for this case, since only some parts of the model shall be transformed.

Best regards,
Alex.
Re: [EWL] In-Place transformation programmatically [message #1070764 is a reply to message #1070715] Thu, 18 July 2013 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Alex,

Would Flock [1] perhaps be more suitable for this task?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/flock/
Re: [EWL] In-Place transformation programmatically [message #1071033 is a reply to message #1070764] Fri, 19 July 2013 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris!

In Flock I need two models (original and migrated). But what I need to do is a sequence of in-place transformations in only one model and if possible in one transformation file.
Is Flock still suitable for that?

In ETL rules need at least one targt element (in order to be able to generate the equivalent()). In order to achieve my goal I could of course use

rule Refine
   from s : Source!SomeType
   to null { ... }

But this seems to me as a kind of hacking the usecase of ETL.
Re: [EWL] In-Place transformation programmatically [message #1071040 is a reply to message #1071033] Fri, 19 July 2013 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Alex,

I see your point. In this case it's probably best to go for plain EOL.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [EWL] In-Place transformation programmatically [message #1071077 is a reply to message #1071040] Fri, 19 July 2013 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem with EOL operations is then, that I need to construct the "scheduling" of the operations manually. What would be nice, is to refine elements regarding to their type (and some guards), s.t. an implicit scheduler calles these refinement rules.
Re: [EWL] In-Place transformation programmatically [message #1071115 is a reply to message #1071077] Fri, 19 July 2013 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Alex,

We have recently implemented a new Epsilon language (EPL) that may be suitable for this use case and I've just extended the book with a new chapter that discusses the language (Chapter 11). Please note that the iterative mode discussed at the end of 11.3 can be turned on only through the ANT task (see section 13.5.Cool - but we're working on this. Any feedback would be more than welcome!

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [EWL] In-Place transformation programmatically [message #1075288 is a reply to message #1070715] Mon, 29 July 2013 07:30 Go to previous message
Hi Dimitris!

It seems that EPL is a very nice concept for progrmaming declarative in-place transformations. Thank you for the hint.

Best regards,
Alex.
Previous Topic:GMFtool node remove
Next Topic:[EPL] Strange onmatch/nomatch behavior
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:00:56 GMT 2024