Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse IDE Bookmarks(Exporting bookmarks (Markers) along with project)
Eclipse IDE Bookmarks [message #1070159] Wed, 17 July 2013 10:58 Go to next message
Marco Silva is currently offline Marco SilvaFriend
Good morning,

I would like to be able to export my bookmarks along with my java project, since there are some useful comments I would like to share with my team mates.

They won't be exported through Team Synchronizing(SVN).
I already know that they are stored on "[MyWorkspace]\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\[MyProject]\.markers" and I tried to copy/paste this content on the same environment path of one of my colleagues eclipse workspace, but the bookmarks just simply didn't showed up.

Any help would be very appreciated. Any ideas?

Regards,
Marco
Re: Eclipse IDE Bookmarks [message #1070277 is a reply to message #1070159] Wed, 17 July 2013 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
I don't know the answer to your question, but have you looked at the Mylin plugin? It allows you to create tasks that include comments. It even integrates with some SCM tools to track the context of files/methods associated with the task. These tasks can be synced along with your project.
Re: Eclipse IDE Bookmarks [message #1070286 is a reply to message #1070277] Wed, 17 July 2013 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi David, I did had a look to the Mylin plugin and also created tasks related to the bookmarks, it is a good tip but didn't solve my issue. I would like to have a list of bookmarks seen in my colleague eclipse workspace as in the "Window->Show View->Bookmarks" seen in mine. Good tip anyway, thanks.
Re: Eclipse IDE Bookmarks [message #1071200 is a reply to message #1070277] Fri, 19 July 2013 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, after all I found a way to do this...

1. Exit the Eclipse IDE
2. Goto "[MyWorkspace]\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\" and zip(compress) "[MyProject]"
2. Goto "[OtherWorkspace]\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\" and delete "[MyProject]"
3. Unzip "[MyProject]" to the "[OtherWorkspace]\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\"
4. Restart Eclipse IDE.

That's it Rolling Eyes

Regards,
Marco
Re: Eclipse IDE Bookmarks [message #1072823 is a reply to message #1070277] Tue, 23 July 2013 15:25 Go to previous message
Hi,

For anyone following this post, take some precautions considering the steps I've shown before. It can lead to some issues in the project, you have to be sure that the project is synchronized with your team mate project and the other way around.
Best thing to do is installing TortoiseSVN (tortoisesvn.tigris.org) and only sync the ".markers" file with your team mate. Be sure to exit Eclipse IDE before doing that sync and then restart or you won't see any results.

Regards,
Marco
Previous Topic:Slow build using network drive
Next Topic:Eclipse (4.2 Juno and 4.3 Kepler) not returning from screensaver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:55:06 GMT 2024