Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to properly integrate Jubula with Jenkins
How to properly integrate Jubula with Jenkins [message #1069893] Tue, 16 July 2013 20:35 Go to next message
Jiajian Lei is currently offline Jiajian LeiFriend
Hi,

I have followed exactly what this tutorial tells me to, http://devnotesblog.wordpress.com/2011/06/14/automating-eclipse-jubula-tests-with-jenkins/

I was able to run the jubula from command line with the second command shell, which is shown below. But after I created a new job on Jenkins and followed the steps like it says, and created two command shell
first shell: rm -rf /var/opt/teradata/workspace_jubula/testresults/*; mkdir -p /var/opt/teradata/workspace_jubula/testdata; mkdir -p /var/opt/teradata/workspace_jubula/testresults

second shell: testexec -project ggdb_product -version 1.0 -testsuite Project_create_delete -server localhost -port 60000 -autconfig "AUT GGDB@localhost" -datadir /var/opt/teradata/workspace_jubula/testdata -resultdir /var/opt/teradata/workspace_jubula/testresults -language en_US -dbscheme "Default Embedded (H2)" -dbuser sa -dbpw ""

Of course it didn't work.

Since the jubula test project is stored in a database, which in this case I am using a local default Embedded database that comes with Jubula originally, how am I supposed to check in the jubula test projects onto Jenkins. The workspace for the new Jubula job on Jenkins is currently empty. How should I check in the jubula test projects? What kind of files do I need to check in? Do I need to check in the AUT product as well? I am very confused how to integrate with Jubula with Jenkins right now.
Please help.
This is the console output on Jenkins:
Building remotely on sdll3770.labs.teradata.com in workspace /var/opt/teradata/workspace_jubula
[workspace_jubula] $ /bin/sh -xe /tmp/hudson2909594730629373665.sh
+ rm -rf '/var/opt/teradata/workspace_jubula/testresults/*'
+ mkdir -p /var/opt/teradata/workspace_jubula/testdata
+ mkdir -p /var/opt/teradata/workspace_jubula/testresults
[workspace_jubula] $ /bin/sh -xe /tmp/hudson9195538085595282060.sh
+ testexec -project ggdb_product -version 1.0 -testsuite Project_create_delete -server localhost -port 60000 -autconfig 'AUT GGDB@localhost' -datadir /var/opt/teradata/workspace_jubula/testdata -resultdir /var/opt/teradata/workspace_jubula/testresults -language en_US -dbscheme 'Default Embedded (H2)' -dbuser sa -dbpw ''
/tmp/hudson9195538085595282060.sh: line 2: testexec: command not found
Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
Finished: FAILURE

[Updated on: Tue, 16 July 2013 20:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to properly integrate Jubula with Jenkins [message #1070608 is a reply to message #1069893] Thu, 18 July 2013 10:04 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I think there are two issues here:
1) For Jenkins setup, you should direct your questions to the Jenkins team. They probably know more about their setup Smile
2) For Jubula, you might want to read the documentation on using the testexec. There are also articles on the testing portal about continuous integration, and presentations on the topic too.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Previous Topic:Jubula doesn´t recognize running AUT after upgrade to 2.0
Next Topic:How to wait for expanding a tree?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:10:43 GMT 2024