Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF Diff/Merge » Change the label provider in the GUI
Change the label provider in the GUI [message #1069625] Tue, 16 July 2013 09:09 Go to next message
Laurent Odermatt is currently offline Laurent OdermattFriend
Hello,

I'm currently working with your tool (which works well) but, as I'm using a read-only
resource as a reference resource, it doesn't have any editing domain. The problem is
because of this (see UIUtil.getText()), the full name of the object (method toString())
is displayed in the right side of the UI.

Is it possible to change the viewers' label provider ? I didn't found any method to get
the tree viewers or to change the label providers.

Thanks

Laurent

[Updated on: Tue, 16 July 2013 09:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Change the label provider in the GUI [message #1069785 is a reply to message #1069625] Tue, 16 July 2013 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier Constant is currently offline Olivier ConstantFriend
Hello Laurent,

I believe there are two different issues here.

A. As you pointed out, the GUI expects the presence of an editing domain. This, however, should not be a restriction when it comes to providing labels, especially if your .edit plugins have been generated and are present in the platform. I'd encourage you to create a bugzilla entry for this problem. I'm going to have a look today.

B. Now, if you do not want to use the .edit labels but rather customized ones, there is currently no easy, obvious way to do it. You may want to create a bugzilla entry for that too, but my understanding is that your need is rather A. than B.

Olivier
Re: Change the label provider in the GUI [message #1069802 is a reply to message #1069785] Tue, 16 July 2013 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see I didn't mentioned I'm using CDO : the reference resource is a CDOResource which comes from the distant server.
Maybe it can be a factor in the problem.
Re: Change the label provider in the GUI [message #1069822 is a reply to message #1069802] Tue, 16 July 2013 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier Constant is currently offline Olivier ConstantFriend
EMF Diff/Merge is being used with CDO quite often so that should not be related.

I have just made a fix. Does it solve your problem? See the link below, section "Last build".
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMF_DiffMerge/Download
Re: Change the label provider in the GUI [message #1070080 is a reply to message #1069822] Wed, 17 July 2013 07:56 Go to previous message
It works! Thanks a lot for your fast answer.

Laurent
Previous Topic:How to show the GUI programmatically?
Next Topic:Simple Diff between two RootedModelScope
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:56:14 GMT 2024