Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » Status of CDO Backend?
icon5.gif  Status of CDO Backend? [message #1069332] Mon, 15 July 2013 17:28 Go to next message
Lars Martin is currently offline Lars MartinFriend
Hi folks,

what is the current status of the CDO backend integration (svn trunk)? I got the DerverCDOServer up and running (at least no errors during startup and debugging step by step works well) but I'm not able to connect to the CDO server from "CDO Repositories" view.

Kindest regards, Lars
Re: Status of CDO Backend? [message #1072232 is a reply to message #1069332] Mon, 22 July 2013 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guillaume Doux is currently offline Guillaume DouxFriend
Hi,

I don't know the "DeverCDOServer", which one is it ?

By the way, It seems to me that it is more a CDO configuration problem than a modisco one but I may be wrong also...

Best regards,

Guillaume
Re: Status of CDO Backend? [message #1072238 is a reply to message #1072232] Mon, 22 July 2013 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guillaume,

thanks for your reply.

Most likely a typo - what I meant was "DerbyCDOServer" from the "org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.infra.common.cdo.derby" bundle. I'm pretty sure the server is up and running which is started by a run configuration from within my development workspace (MoDisco trunk completely checked out from SVN). But for me it's not clear how to work with CDO.

With sunny regards, Lars M.
Re: Status of CDO Backend? [message #1072323 is a reply to message #1072238] Mon, 22 July 2013 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

On my side, i never tried to use the CDO repository view, but i was able to connect to the CDO session view.

I tried again today to launch a CDO server (a standalone one), I was able to connect to the session view and access the models from there, but not from the repository one, I do not know how to work with it...

Best regards,

Guillaume
Re: Status of CDO Backend? [message #1074119 is a reply to message #1072323] Fri, 26 July 2013 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Assuming it also works for me this way, what exactly is the funktioning of the repository backend? Do I have to transform my Java model now conforming to Java/CDO meta model? Or is there any discoverer using the Java/CDO meta model? Best regards, Lars
Re: Status of CDO Backend? [message #1074267 is a reply to message #1074119] Fri, 26 July 2013 11:56 Go to previous message
Hi,

The CDO integration is not activated in kepler, because it's not completly stable.
And so the discoverer using the JAVA/CDO metamodel is not directly available.

If you want to use it, you will need to check it out from the SVN (http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.modisco/main/trunk/org.eclipse.modisco.java.discoverer.cdo)

And then you will need to register the discoverer class with the extension points:
- org.eclipse.modisco.infra.discovery.core.discoverer
- org.eclipse.modisco.infra.discovery.ui.discoverer

Then you should be able to see the java CDO discoverer in the list of the available discoverers.

After that when you launch this discoverer on your project, the java model will be stored in CDO.

I hope it will help you,

Best regards,

Guillaume
Previous Topic:MoDisco in Kepler
Next Topic:KDM Model Creation from C++ code?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:55:27 GMT 2024