Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » ub_cti_replaceText giving an "Input Failed" Action Error?(only happening with one particular text field out of many)
ub_cti_replaceText giving an "Input Failed" Action Error? [message #1068202] Fri, 12 July 2013 16:54 Go to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
Hi, I searched the forum for the words "input failed" but didn't find anything.

I've got a test that involves using the ub_cti_replaceText module on several different text fields, and for most of them, it works fine. But when it gets to the "Version" field, and tries to input a version number, it gets an Action Error with the Error Description "Input Failed". Even when I have an event handler wait for 10 milliseconds and retry, it still fails the same way on every try.

The field does have a validator, but not the kind that would prevent anything from being input. I can also manually paste a version number into the field with no problem. So, does anyone have an idea of what might be stopping the ub_cti_replaceText module from working with this particular field?

Thanks!
Re: ub_cti_replaceText giving an "Input Failed" Action Error? [message #1068203 is a reply to message #1068202] Fri, 12 July 2013 17:04 Go to previous message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
Please disregard; I had forgotten that I had put quotes around my test data for that field, and when I removed them, it worked fine. When I typed it in with quotes, though, the field accepted it, so I'm still not sure what was going on. I suspect that I would have needed to escape the quotes if I wanted them to be input into the field, but what behavior would the unescaped quotes around the test data have caused?
Previous Topic:Jubula can't find component outside of scroll area
Next Topic:Code Coverage (JaCoCo) Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:29:44 GMT 2024