Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » linking structural and behavioral diagrams(nested classifier in UML 2)
linking structural and behavioral diagrams [message #1068093] Fri, 12 July 2013 05:52 Go to next message
Gavin Chen is currently offline Gavin ChenFriend
Hi All,

As I am new to Papyrus, your expertise and sharing are much appreciated.

The problem is regarding the nested classifier feature in UML2.0. For example, can I create an activity diagram for a class in Papyrus? From my small experiments so far, I am not able to figure out how to link an activity diagram to a class diagram.

Could you kindly enlighten me if there is a way?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Gavin
Re: linking structural and behavioral diagrams [message #1068184 is a reply to message #1068093] Fri, 12 July 2013 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Gavin,

Did you try to select a Class, then create a new Activity Diagram?

This results in a new Activity being created inside the Class, and an Activity Diagram for this new Activity. The Activity becomes the Class' Classifier Behavior.

If the Activity already exists, you can simply drop it into your Class (from the ModelExplorer). Then, if needed, you can create an Activity Diagram on this Activity.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: linking structural and behavioral diagrams [message #1068373 is a reply to message #1068184] Sat, 13 July 2013 04:32 Go to previous message
Gavin Chen is currently offline Gavin ChenFriend
Dear Camille,

Thank you so much for your answer. It solves my problem to create an activity diagram for a particular class Smile

Through this study, I notice that there exists little information about this kind of support, namely, what types of classifiers are allowed in a particular classifier. Following up your suggestion, I also tried the Package diagram and found that from a package, we can create all other types of classifiers. On the other hand, from a Use Case diagram, I cannot create a Class diagram.

In short, is there any principle or guideline for nested classifiers, either from Papyrus or UML? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Gavin
Previous Topic:Partition in Activity Diagram
Next Topic:Status of code generation in Papyrus?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:22:41 GMT 2024