Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula can't find component outside of scroll area(after it is shown while outside scroll area)
Jubula can't find component outside of scroll area [message #1068065] Thu, 11 July 2013 21:44 Go to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
Hello. I have a problem that I think I know the cause of, but I don't know how to get around it.

The problem is that there is a component (a Label) that starts out absent and gets shown as a result of other interactions, but those interactions also cause the pane it's in to scroll such that the place where it appears is no longer visible when it gets created. So, because the component has not actually been rendered on the screen yet, Jubula cannot find it even after it is created. The reason I suspect that's the cause is that, if I manually cause the component to be created off-screen and then use Object Mapping mode to try to highlight it, no highlight appears, but if I scroll to where it is visible and then back to where it is not, its position does get highlighted.

I have tried waitForComponent with an sufficiently long timeout that I am sure that it has been created at the time it fails to be found.

Is there a way to make Jubula scroll a pane in a particular direction? If I could do that before trying to interact with the component, I could ensure that it was rendered on the screen, and that would solve my problem.
Re: Jubula can't find component outside of scroll area [message #1068201 is a reply to message #1068065] Fri, 12 July 2013 16:42 Go to previous message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
The workaround I'm using now is to have Jubula click on another Label that was in the same area, but was visible from the beginning. This forces the pane to scroll back to where I can see the Label I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Previous Topic:Autrun Problem (Ant & Jenkins)
Next Topic:ub_cti_replaceText giving an "Input Failed" Action Error?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:36:22 GMT 2024