Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » define new Proposal Kind in the content assist(try to add some new suggestions into the content assist based on other context.)
define new Proposal Kind in the content assist [message #1068023] Thu, 11 July 2013 17:49 Go to next message
Xp Test is currently offline Xp TestFriend
I tried to add some entries into the suggestions provided by content assist. I saw the content assist comes with predefined "proposal kind". How can I define my own "proposal kind".

The entry I want to put into the suggestion actually is dynamically calulated by reading other source (e.g. database). So I expect an extension point so I can inject input into the custom proposal kind.

Re: define new Proposal Kind in the content assist [message #1137305 is a reply to message #1068023] Mon, 14 October 2013 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holger Herrmann is currently offline Holger HerrmannFriend
Hi,
did you manage to add a proposal kind?
I also want to add a custom proposal kind. The data that are shown shall be collected in a custom java method.
Any help would be great.
Re: define new Proposal Kind in the content assist [message #1138786 is a reply to message #1068023] Tue, 15 October 2013 10:22 Go to previous message
Holger Herrmann is currently offline Holger HerrmannFriend
Hi there,
did you manage to implement it?
I would also like to add a custom "proposal kind" that should be available in the java view.
Previous Topic:What are the ".index" files - can I safely delete them?
Next Topic:Customize installed JREs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:12:50 GMT 2024