Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Viewer Background
Viewer Background [message #1068011] Thu, 11 July 2013 16:19 Go to next message
Jonathan Rodgers is currently offline Jonathan RodgersFriend
I trying to add background colors to some of my reports, however I have noticed that the outside around the the report is always white. This is very noticeable when the report is very small compared to the open viewer window.

I believe the background style of the report is not flowing to the report viewer style.

In testing I modified the RunFragment.jsp with the following.

<BODY CLASS="BirtViewer_Body"  ONLOAD="javascript:init( );" SCROLL="no" LEFTMARGIN='0px'
		STYLE='background-color:#fff6dc; >'>
	</BODY>

Which solved my problem, however that affects all report that use the run viewer. On reports that have no background specified the background of the viewer comes through which is nice added bonus.

How can I dynamically specify the background of the viewer from the report that is called to run and not affect other reports?
Re: Viewer Background [message #1068280 is a reply to message #1068011] Fri, 12 July 2013 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Try putting this in a text element from the palette:

<script>
document.body.style.background = "#fff6dc";
</script>

Be sure to select HTML in the drop down in the text editor. This will change the background color of the body of the page in the viewer and straight html.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Viewer Background [message #1069286 is a reply to message #1068280] Mon, 15 July 2013 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan Rodgers is currently offline Jonathan RodgersFriend
Thanks that worked. Set my master page back to auto and picks up the document background color. Have to mess with the document styles, now that I have a colored background the report seems to be slightly sunken from the document background which is sunken from the browser window. This much more noticeable in IE then in FF or chrome.

Thanks again.
Re: Viewer Background [message #1070979 is a reply to message #1069286] Fri, 19 July 2013 04:41 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Not a problem. Let me know if you are unable to get it to look how you'd like.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:How to upgrade birt server engine to 4.3
Next Topic:tabbed birt chart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:25:02 GMT 2024