Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » New folders in PHP Explorer(Eclipse 4.3 Some folders don't appear in PHP Explorer)
New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1067733] Wed, 10 July 2013 10:37 Go to next message
Natalie Mogilka is currently offline Natalie MogilkaFriend
Please help, guys!

I migrated from Eclipse 4.2 to 4.3, and now use PDT 3.2 under Debian 6.0.7 Squeeze with my old workspace. So I have a problem: I created a folder "page" and a folder "rubric" within my PHP-project (using New -> Folder). But they don't appear in PHP Explorer while they are present in the file system! (see attached screenshots)

In order to view php-scripts placed in that folders I have to open the files from the menu File -> Open File... Of course, for that folders the function "Link with Editor" does not work. How to make them appear in PHP explorer? Please suggest
  • Attachment: e4pdt.jpg
    (Size: 39.95KB, Downloaded 453 times)
  • Attachment: e4pdttc.jpg
    (Size: 65.49KB, Downloaded 392 times)
Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1068072 is a reply to message #1067733] Thu, 11 July 2013 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Are they("page" and "rubric") still invisible after restarting Eclipse?
Are they visible in 'Project Explorer'(in Resource Perspective or Window->Show View->Other->General->Project Explorer in PHP Perspective)?
Did you try 'Refresh'(F5) on the project root?
Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1068411 is a reply to message #1068072] Sat, 13 July 2013 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi,
after restarting Eclipse nothing changes. I work with these inconveniences since the day updated Eclipse. 'Refresh'(F5) doesn't help.
But in Project Explorer View my folders and theirs content are visible! Both in Resource Perspective and PHP Perspective.
So is it PHP Explorer or workspace problem? Do you guess how to fix it? Thanx for your reply
Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1068433 is a reply to message #1068411] Sat, 13 July 2013 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Umm...
>But in Project Explorer View my folders and theirs content are visible!
This means that Eclipse Platform and Subversive(?) are working fine, but PDT or DLTK isn't working well.

How about PHP Explorer->View Menu(small triangle in toolbar)->Filters->Folders without source modules? Or any other filters? By default, checked items are ".* resources", "Use Statements" and "RSE temporary project"(when RSE is being installed).
Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1068443 is a reply to message #1068433] Sat, 13 July 2013 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I set off all and some filters, nothing changes.
I guess I have no choose except use Project Explorer View or work in new workspace. First one is not very comfort. Second one is effective (I checked it) although kills my time (have to restore all my settings). Obviously there is some incompatibility in workspace PDT settings and I should report the bug, what do you think?
Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1068449 is a reply to message #1068443] Sat, 13 July 2013 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Besides, can working set influence on project's folders visibility? My project is PHP Project but I'm not sure that working set is PHP. I can't remember, it's created about 2 years ago. Maybe PHP, maybe Resource... And my workspace is about 7 years old Smile But I had not such troubles early

Well I created new workspace and now can work normally
Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1069162 is a reply to message #1068449] Mon, 15 July 2013 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
>Besides, can working set influence on project's folders visibility?
That's it!?
Working Set seems to cause the problem. There is at least one scenario causing the 'invisible folder' problem. (I'm not sure this is your case though)

Steps to reproduce:
0. With new installation(Kepler+PDT) and new workspace
1. Create a local PHP project and a folder
2. (View Menu)->Select Working Set
3. Click New
4. Choose 'PHP', click Next
5. Edit 'Working set name'
6. Expand the project tree and check the folder only
7. Click Finish
8. Check the working set and click OK
9. Now in PHP Explorer, add a new sub-folder under the folder
--> sub-folder doesn't appear
Neither Refresh nor Restart don't solve the problem.

Workaround:
1. (View Menu)->Edit Active Working Set
2. Click Finish
That's all. No need to edit.
However, this doesn't solve the problem that a folder newly added under sub-folder will not appear.

It's a trap...
Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1182322 is a reply to message #1069162] Tue, 12 November 2013 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Today I am faced with that old problem again. I added some folder into my PHP project through a system file manager, updated the project in the workspace, but the folder does not appear in the PHP Explorer as before. Apparently this is a Eclipse bug

[Updated on: Tue, 12 November 2013 05:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1182636 is a reply to message #1182322] Tue, 12 November 2013 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You had better submit a bug report. Rolling Eyes
Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1235936 is a reply to message #1182636] Sat, 25 January 2014 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Walter Nasich is currently offline Walter NasichFriend
I am suffering same issue, any news about this?
Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1236312 is a reply to message #1235936] Sun, 26 January 2014 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
? Bug 424646 New file or folders are not showed in PHP Explorer
Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1238861 is a reply to message #1236312] Sun, 02 February 2014 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nikolay Chuprina is currently offline Nikolay ChuprinaFriend
I have the same problem, but it absolutely not reproducible.
I'm using YII framework and protected folder periodically hiding from PHP Explorer window.
What's interesting is that the problem occurs only with a protected folder
Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1251515 is a reply to message #1238861] Thu, 20 February 2014 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Today I did refactoring and move some scripts to the new folders. As expected, no folders or files are displayed in PHP Explorer now.

I decided to try to resolve my problem, because there is the only workspace and a bug can be hidden within it. I make a simple search on the file system and found three files that mention the name of my PHP project:

workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.dltk.core.index.sql.h2/model.h2.db
workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.ui.workbench/workingsets.xml
workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi

Removing sqlite database yielded nothing - next time Eclipse recovered db file, but I didn't saw my files in new location.

Then I deleted workingsets.xml file and restarted Eclipse - and lo! My files and folders now appear in the PHP explorer. But the truth is that all my working sets also deleted... In any case it's better than to remove and restore the whole workspace. Although using of working sets is very important for me - I work with a lot of different projects on PHP and Java, and I love when they all are classified.

I don't really go into the heart of the problem, but it seems that Eclipse can't work with the PHP projects correctly when they are placed in the working sets. I think it is a bug in this.

Wait and see how things will work on
Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1252562 is a reply to message #1251515] Fri, 21 February 2014 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
Hi I need some aditional informations like:

1. System
2. Kepler version (4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2)
3. PDT version (stable or latest snapshot)
4. DLTK version (stable or latest snapshot)

Thank you

Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1271172 is a reply to message #1252562] Fri, 14 March 2014 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. System: Xubuntu 13.10, Debian 7.0
2. Kepler version 4.3.2
Kepler Service Release 2 Build id: 20140224-0627
3. PDT version 3.2.0
4. DLTK version 5.0.0
Re: New folders in PHP Explorer [message #1343210 is a reply to message #1271172] Fri, 09 May 2014 07:23 Go to previous message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
Your files are visible in for example ScriptExplorer or PackageExplorer ?

Can you upload your eclipse .log file into eclipse bug?

Previous Topic:File explorer like Total Commander or Windows commander
Next Topic:PHP remote debugging with xdebug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:17:44 GMT 2024