Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How does Jubula assert the result?
How does Jubula assert the result? [message #1067666] Tue, 09 July 2013 22:28 Go to next message
Jiajian Lei is currently offline Jiajian LeiFriend
Hi,

If I want to test the project creation functionality, and I use the capture and record feature to generate the test specifications for the test case. It seems like Jubula only checks if the "New Project" is closed after I click on the "finish" button. If the window is closed, then the test passes. But it doesn't verify if the project is actually created in the Package Explorer. How do I add such test specification, or how to make the recorder to generate it?
Similarly, say if I want to test the variable view. The capture and record feature helps me to generate the test specifications for performing the actions of adding/removing/editing the variables, but it doesn't generate the test specifications to verify the result within variable view, i.e., whether or not the adding/removing/editing actions have really been triggered.
How does Jubula work in terms of verifying the content inside a view, like the projectTree in Package Explorer, variable names/values in variable view and expression view, or even content(source code) in text editor?
Re: How does Jubula assert the result? [message #1067746 is a reply to message #1067666] Wed, 10 July 2013 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elise Ruelle is currently offline Elise RuelleFriend
Hi,

If you use the capture and record moode, have you tried to use the verify mode, with Ctrl+Shift+F11 ? more information are available in the help manual.
But you also use the test cases in the "test case browser" view.
Re: How does Jubula assert the result? [message #1067828 is a reply to message #1067746] Wed, 10 July 2013 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't see any verify mode or any feature binds with ctrl+shift+F11 in the keys' manual though. The help manual doesnt mention anything about verify mode either. Could you please be more specific on this and how to use it?
Thanks a lot.
  • Attachment: keys.png
    (Size: 121.89KB, Downloaded 228 times)
Re: How does Jubula assert the result? [message #1067889 is a reply to message #1067828] Thu, 11 July 2013 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elise Ruelle is currently offline Elise RuelleFriend
You will find more information in the help manual in the section "Performing Checks in the Java observation mode" : http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help%2Fhtml%2Fmanual%2Fnode73.html

When you are in observation mode you have to press Ctrl+Shift+F11 and after that the components have a red line around. After that you have to press the Ctrl+Shift+F12 and a window appear.

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: How does Jubula assert the result? [message #1068079 is a reply to message #1067889] Fri, 12 July 2013 00:35 Go to previous message
thanks. Found it. Very helpful!
Previous Topic:Close tab with the new release
Next Topic:Jubula 2.1.0 extension for testing SWT DateTime in RCP?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:18:19 GMT 2024